Jailbreak help - borrowed friends iPad, version 3.2.2 - jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by thesmoth, Feb 10, 2011.

1. thesmoth macrumors 6502

I would appreciate some help. I've jailbroken my ipod touch and rooted my android phone, but my friend just lent me his iPad with version 3.2.2 OS.

I want to jailbreak it, but i'm uncertain which method I should use. Obviously I would prefer the newest updated version of the operating system, but i'll do whatever works best.

Should I jailbreak it now with version 3.2.2, then update the software and jailbreak again?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, if you don't have the SHSH saved, you won't be able to downgrade once you update, nor can you go back to stock 3.2.2 once you jailbreak. So I'd make sure your friend is ok with updating to 4.2.1 before you do anything. Assuming your friend is ok with having the firmware upgraded, there is no advantage to jailbreaking before you update - you'd just be adding an unnecessary step. Just update first, then jailbreak using greenpois0n.

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

I just updated my ipad from 3.2.1 to 4.2. I did not do a full up restore. I then ran latest GP for windows. Worked perfectly...just give it time to finish. Ran the loader and installed GP.

Update your OS before you use GP.