iPod touch Jailbreak help (mobilesubstrate)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by H4ZZ4, Mar 9, 2012.

1. H4ZZ4 macrumors newbie

Please HELP

I recently Jailbroke my iPod touch 4th gen and had a lot of fun with my new, shiny jailbroken iPod. Then I installed another tweak that changes the lockscreen text. I went to change my lockscreen text, then it just crashed. It obviously wasn't made for my iOs. My iPod re-booted itself and up popped a message saying "We apologize for the inconvinience, but SpringBoard has just crashed. Mobilesubstrate /did not/ cause this problem: it has protected you from it. Your device is now running in Safe Mode. All extensions that support this safety system are disabled. Re-boot or restart springboard blah blah blah." so I looked online on YouTube and forums and such, and they said to un-install the app which you last installed. So I un-installed the lockscreen app, rebooted and I was still in safe-mode. So I uninstalled EVERY SINGLE APP and the message kept on popping up, EVERY TIME, until mobilesubstrate was the ONLY app I had installed through cydia. So I uninstalled it and I was immediatly out of safe-mode. So I installed one more tweak, then the same thing happened. So I unistalled it and uninstalled mobilesubstrate and it went away. I then JUST installed ONLY mobilesubstrate and it put my iPod into safe-mode.

I REALLY want to install some tweaks, but all jailbreaking my iPod did was put a little red icon on my home screen, which was cydia.

Please Help.

I am running iOs 5.0.1 on a 32gb iPod touch 4th gen Model MC544ZP.

Thanks, H4ZZ4

2. NoName94 macrumors member

Well, I would restore your iPod with iTunes and then re-jailbreak it and install what you want.