Jailbreak help...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jason`, Nov 10, 2010.

1. jason` macrumors newbie

So I finally decided to jailbreak from 4.0 to 4.1 using pwnage tool and everything went fine besides the fact that my cellular service isn't working now. I followed the steps to jailbreak with pwnage tool exactly the way it told me to do it so I have no idea what I did wrong here. I'm on ATT and all it shows is one bar of signal, nothing else. Anyone know what I did wrong here?

2. jason` thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I had a problem restoring my phone (it wouldn't even restore at all), but greenpois0n was able to bring my phone back. I'm still having the problem with the signal, can someone please help me. It's virtually useless without a cellular network...I feel like I should've left it at 4.0...

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I don't know about greenpoison, but I had to jailbreak twice with Pwnage. Part of it is because I may not have unchecked the activate button. Also, I tried to add a number of packages.
    With Pwnage, get the latest version, make it a clean install with no packages and don't forget to uncheck the activate button (in advanced). I think simple mode enables the hacktivation, which AT&T people don't need.

4. jason` thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I jailbreak again? Wouldn't I have to roll back to 4.0?

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I'm most familiar with Pwnage Tool so can't speak from experience when it comes to greenpois0n but I found this solution for no signal after a greenpois0n jailbreak in the comments here:

I know geohot works hard but I'm a little partial to the Dev Team tools personally. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest switching to Pwnagetool and following this tutorial (you do not need to restore before trying it).