Jailbreak Help ...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Bongolo, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Bongolo macrumors regular

Hi all,

some months ago, I jailbreaked my iPad (3.2.2) with limera1n.

I got loads of add ons like Infinidock, NolockScreen, mAdvLock, SBSettings etc ...

Is there a possibility to jailbreak with the latest iOS and if so is there a way to backup my current jailbreaked settings/addons to reinstall after the fresh jailbreak?

Can someone point me out to a simple guide on how to jailbreak the latest iOS and how to do those things?

TIA

2. tkadrum macrumors member

Yes, try use google and you will find your answers.

3. Bongolo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks tkadrum,

I was looking for an easy way and hoped some kind soul would perhaps PM some links?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Use latest version of Redns0w to jailbreak it.

5. Bongolo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Crystal,

So I update to the latest iOS and then JB with Redns0w :cool:

But, is there a way I can backup my JB setup before this and then restore JB setup after the upgrade?

Sorry if it's a silly question, and I am not asking about anything illegal as far as I am aware, just want to know if I can save the bother of reinstalling and setting up all JB ad-ons (SBSettings etc..) without having to redo it all manually after the upgrade.

TIA

6. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

You might want to look into pkgbackup in Cydia. It does what you are asking. Backs up Cydia apps, settings, etc.

7. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Okay if you actually have loads of add ons you just might want to stop and think if you actually need to upgrade. The unstated truth in my opinion is iOS 4.3.1 takes up a lot of ram, and if you add a lot of Cydia programs, expected to be dealing with lots of program crashes.... Rumor has it that shortly we will have iOS 4.3.2 you just might want to sit tight a little longer....

Then again, Apple may just be fighting jailbreaks by choosing to consume most of the ram, this may also be meanes of getting us to upgrade....

8. Bongolo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all, I did buy pkgbackup and am glad I upgraded before 4.3.2 came out, all seems to run fine and much better than 3.2.2. :cool:

However, be warned, pkgbackup will reinstall all add ons including not compatible ones that will prevent the iPad from running, so in future, much better to do a fresh Jailbreak and add cydia extras one by one checking for compatibility. ;)