Jailbreak help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by taylor200588, Oct 28, 2007.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

hey hey

so for a while i couldnt get the jailbreak software to unzip so i totally gave up on the idea of breaking my iPod. THEEEEN i downloaded a new unzipper program thingy and HURRAY it worked

SO !!!

now wen i click the jailbreak program and then click "Jailbreak" it askes for my password (then i type it in haha) and then a message pops up

APPLESCRIPT ERROR
    cp: /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/readline/libreadline.5.2.dylib: No such file or directory (1)

then so i click ok and its saying "Installing iPhuc and Readline..." but theres nothing showing up on my ipod or anything

whaaaaaat am i doing wrong???

is there like step by step instructions i could get or something

ALSO i hear that i hav to surf the web ON THE iPOD to some website then it crashes, where i live i dont hav wifi LET ALONE BROADBAND!! im still stuck on dreaded DIAL UP!! is there anyway around this???

thank you to anyone who can shine some light onto this :)

Craig

2. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

WELL i got the software to work

but i ran into a little bit of a glitch

i broke my ipod :(

and it wasnt while i was jailbreaking it :) i tried to restore it and its gone to the apple logo screen and its stuck on that! if i dosnt fix itself im gonna take it back haha

unless any of you know how to fix it? ive done the manual restart and still nothing, also wen i plug it into my mac it dosnt show in itunes

:( bye bye ipod