Jailbreak Info!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tclare, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Tclare macrumors regular

Can someone tell me if the latest firmware has been hacked yet? I am very interested to know.

Thanks

Tclare

2. Tclare thread starter macrumors regular

So it is hacked even thought it isn't released yet?

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yep! As I said in another thread, Apple got pwned!!!

4. Tclare thread starter macrumors regular

I doubt they will release the update if it has been hacked already. :p

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I don't think Apple cares all too much about if you are able to install third-party apps. They released that statement that they don't care if you install apps but they aren't going to cater towards you, either. They DO care if you can unlock for other carriers, and DO care if there are gaping security holes. The only problem has been that the jailbreaking process has generally relied on huge security holes in previous versions of the iPhone software, so Apple has been obligated to fix it, however much the iPhone developers want to be able to install their apps again. (You know all the iPhone devs jailbreak their phone. :) )

6. CrockettGTO macrumors regular

How is it jailbroken. I thought they fixed the Tiff exploit in 1.1.2?

7. thegrifman macrumors regular

8. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

But then they released another statement that modification of your iPhone software will make it unusable. The next update done just that.

I've got a iPod Touch with 1.1.1 and im keeping it like that for now. Theres nothing I can do in 1.1.2 that I cant in 1.1.1 with a few 10kb patches installed from the Installer.app

9. 667-75 macrumors newbie

About that, I got the 1.1.2 installed, but can I go back to 1.1.1 easily? should I just hit the "restore" button in iTunes? I kept a copy of the 1.1.1 firmware on my HD, can I just shift + click the update button in iTunes and "update" back to 1.1.1? thx :)

10. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Besides the calendar edit function, anything else new? I've already jailbroken my touch and have the edit function.

I did the jailbreak for the first time...this thing replaces a PDA forsure now. Mail, Notes, Calendars, it has everything!

11. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

No new features.. hopefully it's a bit more stable in Safari, but that's about it. They added french, german and italian translations of many apps. They *still* can't spell 'colour'.

You can jailbreak it but I wouldn't bother right now as there's no springboard hack (so you can't see the installed apps) and installer.app needs updating. Give it a couple of days.