Jailbreak Insanity: I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h4lp m3, May 15, 2012.

1. h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

OK, I have a 3GS /IOS 4.1 and today I unlocked it by updating to the iPad baseband with redsn0w...

Well, that lasted for only an hour or so because then I went to the general settings and tried to erase the phone and now it's stuck on the Apple logo

I tried the boot tethered thing with redsn0w and now it's stuck on a faint black screen (there is some light).

I have downloaded so many versions of redsn0w, pwnagetool and countless IPSW's that I don't even know the formula for how I did it the first time or how to get it back. Please halp me! :(:(:(:(

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Can you explain why you decided to erase all of your iPhone settings?

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

To quote another forum member, "The FAIL is strong in this one!!" :D

4. completing macrumors member

Put it in a DFU mode, and then restore using CFW you created.

If you used Redsn0w without CFW, then restore with 4.1 IPSW using TinyUmbrella.

5. h4lp m3, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012

h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

1. I tried restoring, and it went through some of the motions and then it gives me a 1015 or a 1601 error.
    2. I've never restored an IPSW with TinyUmbrella. I didn't even know it was possible.

6. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I used a bunch of different tools and finally got it back with greenpois0n and it's unlocked.

Now, my question is how do I update to IOS 5?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Before you rush into updating, you need to consider the upcoming jailbreak that excludes new bootrom 3GS

http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/

Also, after reading your posts, you seem to be one of those who just tries a bunch of tools/methods when hacking your iPhone.
    There are loads of tutorials available via Google, i recommend a little research in the future.

8. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think I'm one of those people, I do read tutorials- thats how I learned about the tools. The problem is a lot of them are incorrect or outdated. But I think my phone has the old bootrom because I am untethered and my gps works great- but I don't want to update if I lose my gps.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, just try every single program that's out there and then ask questions and try to educate yourself:D
    I tried to JB my iphone using windows 3.1 and I dont know what happened but it didnt work:D

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

me thinks the jailbreak not for you! restore to stock firmware my friend!

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Quick update for thread starter:
    pod2g has figured out how to apply upcoming untethered JB to all 3GS devices, so, IF, you get your device restored and IF you can use it without wrecking it for a week or so, you are certain to have untethered JB available.

Oh and if you installed the iPad baseband, you did kill the GPS. What you see is cell tower triangulation. If you install a true GPS dependent app, it will fail.

12. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Which he can't do because he put the iPad baseband firmware on it.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

yikes missed that early morning reading before i'm fully awake..

14. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I update my unlocked iPhone???

I have a 3GS with iPad baseband 06.15.00 and I want to update from 4.1 to IOS 5 so I can use iCloud features. I am terrified about losing my unlock as I have important calls I have to make. How can I update and keep my unlock?

(I use a Mac)

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

with 6.15 baseband yuo can only use firmware cooked via redsn0w or sn0wbreeze this preserve your unlock. you will have to re install ultrasn0w from Cydia tutorials are on Iclarified several other sites and youtube..

16. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I searched but can't find one that says how to update from 4.1 to 5 on BB 06.15.00.

17. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

18. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Download iReb (for window users only) and do your DFU mode using that program. Then connect iTunes and restore with the custom firmware. This should do the trick. I had the same problem and it took me a day to figure it out coz I kept getting different error messages. One of them was the 1015 error.

I can tell you all the details when I get home later...

19. noiceT macrumors 6502a

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

It's probably a good idea to downgrade your baseband. Get your GPS back.

20. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I've been searching for weeks and can't find the article "how to upgrade from IOS 4.1 to 5 with baseband BB 06.15.00".

Can my 3GS even run IOS 5.1? Can 5.1 even be unlocked?

21. h4lp m3, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012

h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Downgrading my baseband? After I just upgraded it to unlock my phone??? It also says you can brick the device if I have norchips? :confused: All I want to do is get my phone on iPhone 5 so I can get iCloud to sync my calenders and bookmarks. I seriously DO NOT GET anything I've ever read from the Dev Team. I DO NOT understand the language. ALL I UNDERSTAND is "step 1. connect iphone to computer. step 2: download redsn0w 12.85673653"

I have no clue whatsoever what I'm doing. One day a program works, the next day it doesn't. Redsnow already destroyed one of my iPhone's and I have to sell it on Craigslist for $50 and buy another. Please make fun of me for my lack of understanding. Somebody tell me I shouldn't own an iPhone. I truly do not believe I am an idiot. I could actually do this with directions. Is there no manual out there?