Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MaCamZa, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Right guys, i want to know how to JUST jailbreak my iPhone 4. Not any of this Unlock business just JAILBREAK. I mean i don't want to upgrade my baseband or wateva, i just want to jailbreak to install installous.

My iPhone 4 is fully updated and running as normal. How would i go about just jailbreaking my iPhone 4?

Any input is appreciated.

2. yankintx macrumors 6502

Discussing installous is a no-no here because they distribute pirated apps!

Most people on this forum don't mind paying a buck or 2 for something .

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Based on your title, you should know the rules. Find some other site to get help with stealing.

4. DouchGod macrumors regular

DouchGod

Gotta be a troll. Jailbreak for the uber iPhone enhancements not for Installous.

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I dont get it... why doesnt Cydia just block installing installous?

6. jluce50 macrumors regular

I, for one, am glad they don't. It's the only way I can get Camera+. I'll buy it the instant it's available in the App Store, but in the meantime Installous has been a lifesaver. Granted, the percentage of people using Installous within ethical bounds has got to be <1%.

7. maturola, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Why should it? Jailbreaking is about freedom, make no sense to get out of Apple's Jail just to get into another one. I hate Pirating as much as the other guy, but I am nobody to judge or tell anyone what do. the point "most" people make here is that as far as "this" forum is concern this type of discussions are against the rules, OP should know that by now after 250+ posts.

Besides, Cydia blocking the installation of any app it's just a moo point, since any application can be manually install just invoking APT on the command line or just manually installing debs.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Every time I see Installous on someones phone I have this urge to do something I shouldn't.

What's worse is that people using it claim that they're just testing an app and you know they're full of it. iPhone apps are cheap as heck. There's no reason to steal them.

9. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Freedom does not = stealing. Period. The entire repo is dedicated to stealing software. Thats not freedom, its THEFT.

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Everyone IS entitled to take their own decisions THAT is freedom, if anyone decided to use a tool for THEFT, them they have to face their consequences, at the end that is not either my business nor my concern, as i said, all i know is that as far as this forum is concern discussing it against the rules. What people do, installs and don't do with their devices is their own problem.

I didn't said Freedom = Stealing, but blocking cydia from installing such a tools is not a solution.

11. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

I must be one the few that did actually use Installous to TEST an app. TomTom 1.5

I have now paid for the Western Europe Version & Subscribed to the traffic updates for 12 months. I had a SatNav in the car already, but TomTom with Traffic is awesome!

Being able to test it enabled me to fully commit to spending the cash.

Maybe Developers / Apple could allow some type of time based trial on apps so that people don't have to try Installous?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.