Jailbreak iOS 4.3.4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TrulyYuki, Jul 25, 2011.

1. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

I want jailbreak my phone after reading iOS 4.3.4 is jailbreakable. I updated my phone only because I'm having home button issues. Unfortunately I can't seem to make it work. I'm using the latest redsn0w and the 4.3.4 iPhone restore package. I have jailbroken previous iOS before but I haven't run into this issues until now. Cydia installs white and will not open. What's my solution. I have attempted the restore and jailbreak multiple times.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

how are you jailbreaking? redsn0w and Sno0wBreeze are the only jb out right now for 4.3.4 and they are tethered. also are you sure the home button issue isn't hardware very common issue. I just exchanged mine about 10 days ago for that issue!

3. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes I can't go into DFU mode I'm pretty sure because of the home button. I didn't realize the jailbreaks are tethered only. LAME! I use redsn0w. And I do it the same way I always do. the difference is Cydia shows up white and doesn't even open. How does "tethered" jailbreak work?

I guess i'm stuck waiting for iOS5... NOOOO!!!! i miss my icons and widgets. Not to mention sbsettings.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You're already restored. Take the phone into Apple and get it swapped. There's a chance--small, but worth a shot--that you'll get a phone with 4.3.3 still on it. But the longer you wait, the less likely that becomes. And the home button issue isn't going to get any better; from what I've seen, they only get worse.

Not only is the 4.3.4 redsn0w tethered, but last I saw, they were still only recommending it for kernel hackers, not regular users. Has that changed?

5. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Tethered means that if you have to restart or reboot your phone you will have to hook it to a computer to get it going again--so if you are out someplace and have to reboot for some reason you are Srewed till you get home

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes it's lame but try to think of the hackers like Musclenerd, Comex Chronic trying to find a exploit with every firmware release. they try to wait till a major update to the IOS is done, most likely 5.0 next. 4.3.4 actually only fixes the pdf security hole that was missed. The very same hole Comex used for Jailbreakme. not a single other thing was done to with the update. Do a restore and try taking it back to Apple that's my advice.

7. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

you can also jailbreak 4.3.5 now.Yep the solutions is when you reboot to connect to your computer and click on the redsnow program "just boot tethered now"

8. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

thank you for all the responses. I won't be able to get into the Genius Bar until Wednesday or Thursday sadly. I feel like I was just there last week, which it was more like 2 weeks now for my iPad replacement. ...I do hope i can get one with 4.3.3

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would restore your firmware as new now 4.3.5 if you have too. this will eliminate any jb traces. also by doing it now you will create a history of the home button issue the Genus should be able to pull up and look at. Also this will tell you if it's a real issue or one created by the jb. for me it was a easy exchange had 4.3.3 on it that was 10 days ago. what ever firmware is on it when you get it is what it will have. if you get 4.3.3 what ever you do don't update the firmware. ;)

10. markpetersonii macrumors newbie

11. steveiphone macrumors newbie

steveiphone

Jailbreaking the iPhone bootrom

The jailbreak solution is available in both tethered and untethered mode for all iOS versions including the latest iOS 4.3.4. You can also use unlock software to unlock both CDMA and GSM iPhone 4 and other iPhones and use any mobile service provider you like.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

:confused:

13. markpetersonii macrumors newbie

Agreed. I thought 4.3.4 was only available in tethered...

14. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I had the same home button problem and went to the Apple Store to get a warranty replacement. It wasn't jailbroken but the first thing the Genius did was a restore to 4.3.4 firmware. The problem was still there so I got a replacement... with 4.3.3 firmware. I went to jailbreakme.com before I even left the Apple Store.

15. TrulyYuki thread starter macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

good thinking.
    unfortunately I might use "bro-Care" too much at the Genius bar.

16. Zipforia macrumors member

I found this.

http://www.wildra1n.com/

Legit?

17. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

18. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Are you serious?

19. steveiphone macrumors newbie

steveiphone

jailbreak iphone

The process of jailbreaking your iPhone is quite easy with software specially made for the procedure. First thing to do is to download jailbreak software that's available all over the internet once you search for it. The next thing to do is you should back up the files you have on iTunes. And then turn of your device but remember not to detach it yet. It should still be connected to the PC with the cable data. Open the jailbreak software and you can start the process of jailbreak. It goes automatically and the software usually comes with instructions you should follow before you do the jailbreak. After all the process are done, iPhone 3G will reboot and you can finally detach it from your PC.

20. batman75 macrumors 6502

Thanks for this tip.

I tried this with the just-boot-tethered option. But after you do that, what do you do next to unlock it. With just boot tethered, I don't have cydia, so how do I unlock?

21. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

can i jailbreak on 4.3.4 and then run tiny umbrella and go back to 4.3.3 ? i don't think i have SHSH saved from 4.3.4

22. batman75, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

batman75 macrumors 6502

Still haven't been able to unlock 4.3.5.

Was unable to restore because Apple would not verify eligibility after I tried to get it out of restore mode using tiny umbrella. Then I fixed that with some googling.

Anyway I'm back to stock 4.3.5 and a little scared to mess with it.

23. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

I just recieved a replacement iPhone 4 today (8/2) from Apple via Fed Ex, and with bated breath I plugged it in and launched TinyUmbrella to see the firmware version...

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      122.9 KB
      Views:
  24. labman macrumors 604

labman

there is no unlock for 4.10 baseband the only option is the Grevy Sim which is not supported after 5.0 beta 3, so you will be stuck at 4.3.5 firmware and I believe it will remain a tethered jailbreak.