iPad Jailbreak iOS 5.1 iPad 2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TrulyYuki, Mar 18, 2012.

1. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

I apologize in advance if it's already been mentioned but I've searched this forum already.

How to jailbreak ipad 2 on ios 5.1! Searched but found no solution. I've googled it. So many sites say it is ready and can be done. Lots of comments from people online who have done it but I cannot seem to do it myself. I've even checked YouTube vids of tutorials. I've jailbroken my iPhone since the first generation iPhone so I know what I'm doing however nothing seems to be working.

iPad 2 and iPhone 4s both running 5.1
    iMac running 10.7.3

Tried redsnow and absinthe...

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

from what i read, there's no jailbreak yet for the ipad 2 running ios 5.1. there's a tethered solution for non a5 devices, but that doesn't include the ipad 2.

3. BlueRaider macrumors regular

Absinthe only applies to A5 devices running iOS 5.0 (4S) or 5.0.1 (4S & iPad 2). A few devs have managed to jailbreak iOS 5.1 on A5 & A5X devices but only one of those jailbreaks is a legitimate untethered jailbreak because all the other jailbreaks rely on having a developers account. None of these jailbreaks have been released publicly. The untethered jailbreak which i0n1c has developed is not likely to be released because he's had it for months and doesn't appear to have any interest in giving it up publicly.

If you've made the mistake of updating to iOS 5.1 you need to sit tight and hope somebody has a breakthrough in the next few months or i0n1c decides to share his jailbreak with the world. Today there is no way to jailbreak any A5 device on iOS 5.1 so don't waste your time trying to find a way.