iPad Jailbreak iOS 7.0.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LukasValine, Apr 2, 2014.

1. LukasValine macrumors regular

LukasValine

Hello,

I'm trying to jailbreak a third generation iPad running ios 7.0.0, and I'm having a problem with the evasi0n application on my mac. The whole process goes fine, until at the very end, the evasi0n window disappears and I am left with a non jailbroken iPad (there is no, "application quit unexpectedly warning"). I can still see the evasi0n app on the iPad's homescreen (I can also delete it).

I'm not completely certain, but I believe that the iPad was updated to iOS 7 OTA. From what I've read, it is not possible to restore an iPad, without also updating it to the latest version of iOS (correct me if I'm wrong about this). This is not an option for obvious reasons.

I have tried jailbreaking the iPad from multiple computers. It has the same problem every time.

I have also tried it with multiple versions of evasi0n (the newest version, and 1.0.4). No luck there either.

The only two things I can think of is that there is a bug in the evasi0n software when jailbreaking an older version of iOS 7 (7.0.0), or the OTA update is causing a problem. However, I thought the problem with the OTA update was that it could cause a boot loop. This is not the problem I am having.

Anybody have any suggestions?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Evasi0n does not work correctly for devices that were updated via OTA.
    You are lucky you weren't thrown into a boot loop requiring a restore to 7.1

And you are correct, you can only update the firmware to 7.1 currently for which there is no jailbreak.

3. LukasValine thread starter macrumors regular

LukasValine

Okay, but I wasn't thrown into a boot loop. Is it still a problem with the OTA update? Why would the evasi0n app on my computer quit itself?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Since you tried multiple computers, you have the answer. It is the OTA update which causes the jailbreak process to fail.

http://evasi0n.com

Attached Files:

5. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

Doesn't always throw into boot loop. Many people have had issues at various stages of the jailbreak. Sounds like you're one of those. Sorry to say, but your only options are to stay on 7.0.0 or restore to 7.1. Either way, you won't be able to JB.

6. LukasValine thread starter macrumors regular

LukasValine

Yes, I understood ahead of time that the OTA update could cause problems. This was a risk I was willing to take, seeing that there were not many other options. However, I cannot find anyone online with this same problem, so I am not completely convinced it is related to OTA update.

7. dhlizard, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There are numerous jailbreaking websites where others who updated OTA have documented the same evasi0n failure using more than one computer. Most, but not all, are thrown into a boot loop.

Given the information you supplied (process tried on same device from multiple computers exhibits identical failure) and the experiences of others, with all due respect - perhaps you are being naive.

8. LukasValine thread starter macrumors regular

LukasValine

Yeah, your probably right. Thanks for the help.

9. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Lately, my springboard has been crashing like theres no tomorrow. I removed a ton of apps and it seems to be working. I hope I found the cause..

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Did not find the cause.. ended up going to to 7.1 :(