Jailbreak iOS device in Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therocket, Aug 4, 2010.

?

Have you jailbroken an iOS device in a store?

1. YES!!!! It was freakin HILARIOUS!!!

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. No, but I will after reading this

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. No, and I dont plan to

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. therocket macrumors member

So,
    I am just curious how many people out there have jailbroken an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad in an apple store so far(or any other apple reselling store)??? Seeing that the new jailbreak is so easy, I think that it would be pretty funny to have all the iOS devices jailbroken and have installed one of those 'cracked screen' prank apps from cydia.

If you have a funny story, please share.

I did that and some old grandma picked up the ipad and when she thought that it was cracked, she looked over her shoulder, put it down, and B-Lined it out of the store!!!! me and a friend had a few other good laughs at other people too.

If you want a few good laughs, you better make your way to an apple store quick and do this before apple releases a iOS update that patches the exploit. It wont last long!!!

EDIT: Make sure to vote in the Poll

2. cheesed off macrumors newbie

Don't...

Yeah real funny unless you're the one that has to reimage all of those devices. Don't be a dick. :apple:

3. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I went in today and did it. Immediately after 3 super hot girls came up to me, impressed by my leet haxor skills (and 3 wolves tshirt) and started chatting me up. Before i could jail break another we went off for a wild foursome!

However that didn't matter to me, because what really made my day complete was jailbreaking those phones in the shop. Wow, that made me feel like a REAL MAN!

I'll be going back in tomorrow to jail break more. What a rush! Sky diving and bungee jumping are nothing compared to rush you get when jailbreaking a phone in an apple store! Not to mention the sense of accomplishment i got, much better than when i climbed one of the tallest mountains in this country!

4. stagmeister macrumors regular

5. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

6. therocket thread starter macrumors member

Wow, Somebody has a large cyber-ego!!! What happened man? Do you think that you are the only civilized, active, and adventurous non-nerd in these forums? Cause you probably are, I mean when I found out about this jailbreak, I took my laptop, iPad, iPhone, and my nerd cap and headed straight to the nearest best buy with my best friend Ned. His nerd cap is the inerd-o-3000!!! I bet you are jealous!

Anyways, what better things are there for a couple of highschool students to do durring the summer after their shift at McDicks? I know I am not going to search these forums and hope that there are some nerds on here that are nerdyer then me so I can make fun of them and feel good about my life. I could pretend that I was superman and feel great about myself too, but we all know that superman doesn't sit in front of his computer all day trying to find someone he can compare himself to so he feels BIGGER and BETTER!
    The end!

As for the guy who is 'cheesed off'. I am sorry, have fun restoring all of those idevices.(it isn't that hard, suck it up princess)
    And that video is kinda funny. The guy reminds me of the dude that hacked and got a foursome!

7. MikeTheRocker96 macrumors member

MikeTheRocker96

Yeah I spent every hour of every day in Apple stores jailbreaking iDevices. So far I've jailbroken OVER 9000!

:rolleyes:

But seriously. Don't do it.

8. cheesed off macrumors newbie

"As for the guy who is 'cheesed off'. I am sorry, have fun restoring all of those idevices.(it isn't that hard, suck it up princess)"

You're right it's easy but it's time better spent helping customers. As soon as we notice it we have to fix it and in a busy apple store we can't be dealing with stupid ******** like that. When you have to wait a half hour or more to buy something this is part of the reason.

:apple: