Jailbreak ios4.2 with redsn0w 0.9.6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gedgeer, Nov 23, 2010.

1. gedgeer macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G (MB) model and have upgraded (now its released) to ios 4.2. So then i wanted to jailbreak it. So as usual i went to redsn0w. I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.6 as that works to jailbreak ios4.2 the website says. So i opened redsn0w 0.9.6b2 and selected ios4.1 software (as you need to select the final version of ios 4.1 at the moment as redsn0w is made for 4.1 not 4.2 but can still jailbreak 4.2 the website says) it all jailbreaks fine and i get my wallpapers multitasking on my iphone 3G again. but then when i touch the screen big fuzzy lines go across the screen. This is only when i touch the screen if i leave it nothing happens but when ever any contact is made with the screen and i touch it a load of lines go accross the screen. I have restored my iphone now and have unjailbreaked it. But I would like to no if there is a soloution to my problem?? Can anyone please help me??:)

2. Hyuga macrumors regular

Fix: 0.9.6b3 + 4.2.1

Please remember that phone will be slower after you activate all features, 3G doesn't have so much memory after all.

3. gedgeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Tethered Or Untethered

Isnt that tethered though?? People say that 0.9.6b3 is tethered at the moment. Or is it different for 3G

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

It is only tethered for newer devices.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Not for 3G and old bootrom 3GS. Those devices are probably untethered JB for life.

6. gedgeer thread starter macrumors newbie

So I go on the dev website and it says that instead of using 0.9.6b3 use 0.9.6b4 as it is actually made or ios4.2 so i download it of the dev website open redsn0w and choose my ios4.2.1 software i check cydia multitasking home wallpapers etc. Put it into DFU mode as usual. It does the whole jailbreaking ****, then finishes and restarts. Only it never came of the apple startup logo. I assumed it had just froze and held the home and power button together to reset it. It then restarted again and once again never came of the apple logo. After 5 mins of being on the apple logo, i just stuck it into dfu mode and itunes is now restoring it.

FML!
    :(
    LOL

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

iPhone 3G seems to take a very long time to reboot. I would at at least 10 minutes.

8. gedgeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Its just usually when i Jailbreak it on redsn0w for example when i jailbroke ios 4.1 it takes about 2 minutes. its never taken any longer than that to reboot.

9. navkarran19 macrumors newbie

hi there is an updated versions of redsnow, which you can jailbreak without downloading firmwares. all you have to do is download Redsnow and click jailbreak http://www.freejailbrake.com/download-redsnow.html