iPad Jailbreak Ipad 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 1984world, Dec 9, 2014.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Hello, looking for a few opinions.

I have an ipad 3, 32 gb that is currently on 7.0.4. Mostly used for surfing the net, kids play games, a few movies, etc. I don't want to fall behind and not be able to play some games, apps, etc. so was thinking of updating to 8.1.2. I've seen conflicting information about it slowing down this device, etc.

Three questions:

Is it worth it to upgrade it to the newest ios?

Will it (especially for those that have already done this upgrade) slow it down enough that it won't be as usable?

Is there anything special involved with jailbreaking that I would be gaining that can't be gained through being jailbroken on 7.0.4 (I'm currently jailbroken)?

Any advice, comments, or thoughts would be appreciated!

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I just went from 7.0.2 to 8.1.1 on my iPad Mini Retina (same processor and specs as your iPad 3 I believe) last night ... not looking back. My primary motive for holding out for so long was a tweak called xCon, which is an anti-jailbreak-detection tweak. I use TiVo, and in order to stream, one cannot be jailbroken. Several days ago, v40b1 came out, which allowed the tweak to work on 8.1.1.

Absent of that one tweak, all my former tweaks were compatible with 8.1.1, or had alternatives (i.e. Bigify became Shrink\Springtomize, etc) to serve the same purpose.

I too wanted to update, because sooner or later it'll get to the point where you won't be able to use apps because they'll have kill switches for those on older OS... so good to do it now while you know you can update.