Jailbreak iPad messed up!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Maxi86, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Maxi86 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I've an iPad 64GB 3G on iOS 3.2.2... first an history of what it has be through...

When it was in 3.2.1 I'd jailbroken it with JailbreakMe.com (which was amazingly easy!) and the first time in Cydia... I did click on the 'make my life easier' button.

I started using all the wonderfull Cydia apps like Categories. I had way too many apps on my iPad and because I wanted to delete them, I had to remove them from Categories first... When doing so my iPad went back to SpringBoard but everytime I got the home screen, it restarted again and again...
    I think that's because I got too many apps on one page (I had also installed Infiniboard, but I guess it can't handle more than 100 apps on 1 page...)...

So in order to fix this problem I put my iPad into recovery mode and restored it using iTunes to iOS 3.2.2...

Now it was working just like the old times again... and I wanted to jailbreak it again, this time using greenpois0n. I went to http://www.greenpois0n.com/ and download the Windows version...
    I unzipped the file and ended up with an .exe file... When opened it guides me into putting my iPad into DFU mode and then jailbreaking it. I think I messed up by swithing the device off too soon. The instructions on the screen weren't clear and although there was something happening on the iPad screen I turned it off. Now when I turn it on again it goes to recovery mode..

I dunno whether the jailbreak has been successful or whether I can use iTunes to restore it once more to iOS 3.2.2... I hope there's no permanent damage to my dear iPad...

Could someone please give me some tips on what to do?
    Could I perhaps go back to iOS 3.2.1 and jailbreak using JailbreakMe.com once again? That was so easy...

Or should I go to iOS 3.2.2 and use LimeRa1n or greenpois0n?

2. Maxi86 thread starter macrumors regular

I did restore my iPad from recovery mode using iTunes and this time I used iClarified to see a step by step tutorial on jailbreaking it with greenp0ison... and it worked!

3. sevimli macrumors 6502a

Limera1n it is!

do not use greenpois0n, all forums full of people having problems with that.