Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beastmode16

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
So i knew this would come down to this. Probably why I stayed on 6.0.1. I know you can undo it and all. and i was going to jailbreak my iPhone but with it being my primary device i was uneasy with it. So if i do jailbreak what are some good tweaks for my iPad mini?

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When I used to jailbreak my iDevices I used to think the UI changes were the best. Customize the icons/colors, etc. to whatever you desire was always fun.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
I had my iPad Mini Jailbroken and it really felt incomplete jailbroken. It always felt like there weren't too many tweaks or themes for the iPad (especially the non-retina) that is what led me to restoring and waiting for a iOS 7 Jailbreak where I will probably only install flex and adblocker to get rid of all the ads. Otherwise, i'll keep it looking stock. My $0.02

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
So i knew this would come down to this. Probably why I stayed on 6.0.1. I know you can undo it and all. and i was going to jailbreak my iPhone but with it being my primary device i was uneasy with it. So if i do jailbreak what are some good tweaks for my iPad mini?

I bought a new Mini which like yours, came on 6.0.1. I Jailbroke it and installed a few things such as the adblocker and 3G Unrestrictor.

I started noticing there were bugs with some of the most important things I would use (not caused by the JB) such as in iTunes Match.

I ended up restoring my iPad and upgrading to the latest and all the bugs went away.

Just realize since 6.0.1 is old, you might run into bugs as well. Jailbreak and see how things go and decide if it's worth it. To me it wasn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.