Jailbreak ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by citivolus, Mar 1, 2011.

1. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I know we'll know for sure real soon, but I was just wondering if there's any expectation one way or the other regarding how likely the ipad2 will be jailbreak-able, either with the current apps or with current known but unused exploits.

2. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

usually the Dev Team keeps quiet on exploits, but with 3 betas to work with I'm sure they're ready to go with iOS 4.3 jailbreak when it's released with the iPad 2 as expected. Don't see why Apple would make any hardware changes that would put the breaks on Jailbreaking. Unlocking is a totally different animal so we'll have to see....

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

There could be legitimate reasons to stop a jailbreak. They are an open security hole that allows access to the device. By closing the jailbreak they are restricting one way to access secure data stored on the device.
    I like jailbreaks, but I don't like the idea that somebody can plug a password protected phone into a computer and easily download all text messages and contacts from it.

4. jake4ever macrumors regular

Currently, there are no known ways to exploit/jailbreak the iPad 2, as the device hasn't come out yet.

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

seriously? apple has kept a pretty light lid on the ipad 2 besides a ton of internet rumors. so how would anyone know anything about jailbreaking it at this point!?

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

way , way wayyyyyyyyyyy too early to tell, iPad2 is a whole new device, new processor, new firmware (with new drivers to support the new devices), new interfaces, new internal devices, most of drivers are going to be updated, HDMI out support, so all those changes mean that pretty much anything we curretnly have is pretty much useless, until someone can get their hands on it and on the 4.3 GM release, there isn't much work that can be done.

7. OSMac macrumors 65816

Never been an idevice yet that has not been jailbroken.

8. McGilli macrumors 6502

BUT

Considering that IOS 4.3 just want GM today - it would then show that iPAD 2 will be shipping with 4.21 on it.

which IS jailbreakable.

But when u first connect it to iTunes it's gonna ask you to update to 4.3 which we will just decline for the time being....

9. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I doubt that the iPad 2 will ship with 4.2.1 Just because the GM was released to developers today doesn't mean that apple hasn't been sitting on it for a week or two.

10. McGilli macrumors 6502

We can hope though.....

11. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

the new devices will be shipped with 4.3

No use in getting people worked up and hoping it will ship with 4.2.1....it wont.

12. Cha macrumors regular

The jailbreak is not just software-based... So even if 4.2.1 is shipped with it (I think 4.3 will be on it), unless the bootrom exploit works on the new hardware then it will not be jailbreakable at the beginning.