Jailbreak iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Macman1993, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

I know I need to use google if you want to flame me don't bother I get it. I have used google but between it and posts here I haven't been able to get an actual answer. Can the iPhone 4 be jailbroken running 4.0?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The iPhone 4 cannot yet be jailbroken. Next time try reading a little harder. It's been made clear over and over again here.

3. vinzer macrumors newbie

You can not imagine how many people here are waiting for the JB and Unlock for iPhone4.

JB is not availalble yet but trust me, once it is out you won't miss it because all this and many other iPhone related forums on the net will be discussing it all day long :)

Hopefully we see JB and unlock for iPhone 4 before August 1st :) Just my thoughts.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wow Apple has sold almost 3 million I4's but I think your the 1st to ask about jailbreaking it. (contrats!)

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I will bet the farm that with a single Google inquiry, and just reading the top 2 responses, even a caveman could figure out the jailbreak for the iPhone 4 hasn' been released.

6. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Isn't it more like 6 or 7 million?

Yes, I am being too lazy to look it up, but I seem to remember the number being pretty insane.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

That's what I heard this morning 3-6 million I think ya get the point.allot of people are waiting and it will be plastered all over when it is. People need to Fallow musclenerd and comex on twitter then you wll know.

8. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

9. iPhoneVic macrumors regular

iPhoneVic

Hey DH

Dont you go comparing him to a caveman... :D

10. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

the thought is that they are all waiting for 4.0.1 to be released to releast the JB. now that it is out, there's radio silence from all the jailbreakers...makes me wonder

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not at all. The hackers are blowing up their Twitter accounts... (esp. MuscleNerd)

Besides, now that the update is dropped, I imagine they have lots of tweeks to get the tools finished up, working and tested under 4.0.1. In order words, they are busy doing things that will benefit us !

12. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Didn't comex say something about needing to put the jailbreak in some sort of one-click form?

13. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I wish that everyone who's impatiently expecting a jailbreak to drop at any moment or promoting conspiracy theories about already-completed jailbreaks being withheld would take some time to examine the source code for the last Spirit jailbreak. Maybe if they understood what actually goes into a jailbreak, they might be a little more understanding.

This is what it means to put it into a "one-click form". And remember, Comex is writing this thing all by himself. Really, it's an amazing feat to accomplish in any time frame.

14. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well polish up your jailbreak or hacking skills and get busy! ;) seriously all the whining is getting annoying.. Attention Dev-team you are not allowed to have a life until you give people there jailbreak!!!!

16. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

second that.

plus we do give them what they want, this is a mutual beneficial relationship. we give them attention, donation (some of us), and I am sure all this jailbreaking/hacking is good for their resume (actual money).

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

accept Dev-team does not accept money never has probably never will. this helps keep Apple of there back. Geohot did decide to take donations. I really not sure of Jailbreaking is going to translate on a job resume. Attention includes a bunch of whinny people are you done yet? how about now? now? not yet etc.. Dev-team mainly does it for fun and sport.. doing something only a handful of people can.. as soon as they get sick of it and bored they go the route of Geohot.. Hopefully they think it's fun for a long time!

18. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Rofl, thank you for making my day with that line. :D

19. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I would have expexted the Dev team to wait for the actual 4.1 upgrade. They might actually wait for that. The 4.0.1 release may have fixed some problems, but it could have been another move in the "Apple vs. Jailbreak" chess match.

20. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

+1....

Comparing these guys to caveman is an insult to me and all my caveman ancestors.

My...great...great...great...great...great...great...great...great...great...great...great...grandfather was a cavemen.

:eek:

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As was mine... Ouch, we might be related :eek:

On a more serious note, looks like @comex jailbreak might be a while...

p0sixninja tweet

to everyone asking about jailbreak, afaik @comex has been on vacation without computer, so don't expect anything this week, or next week
    15 minutes ago via Gwibber

22. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

Then hopefully it'll be out by next month w00t!!!

23. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

This is akin to the BP oil executive Tony Hayward going to the yacht races during the Gulf oil spill....

Just kidding...please no threatening messages....

24. still in school macrumors 6502

I wonder why he didn't post it himself.

25. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

What, the tweet. He's on vacation without a computer.

If posixninja says he's on vacation without a 'puter, I am inclined to believe it's true.