Jailbreak iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sqa4life, Oct 20, 2011.

1. sqa4life macrumors regular

Just curious, when will we be able to jailbreak iPhone 4s on iOS5?

2. TheDude831 macrumors newbie

hate to be one of those guys, but c'mon dude there's an active thread discussing this going on right now!

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe next year, maybe never. It all depends on what's found.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

Keep in mind, every time someone asks this question, the dev team delays the jb by 1 week. Keep it up.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No. Also, no one will know when an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak will be released. My guess, January 12th, 2016. Just wait. Jesus-facking-Christ, if you don't like the already included features in the iPhone 4S and iOS 5, then don't get it. Oh, and a simple search would have answered this question very fast. Don't clog up the posts feed and new posts section with redundant threads and questions that have already been answered.

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

no one knows for sure. Probably in 8-12 weeks.

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I would say before the year is out, hopefully around Thanksgiving, but that's just going by past releases and it all depends on many factors.

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

By the times out there will be another update they have to jailbreak.

9. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

:rolleyes:

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

This forum would be so much better if the newbs couldn't post. They don't bother to read a @$%@#$%!#$% thing, so why does it matter that they can start new threads anyway?

11. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

totally agree. Newbies should have a grace period (#s of months after register) before they can post. By doing this, they have time to read, read and read before they can post.

Also, this will prevent scammers signing up and immediately posting the link to their sale site. :D

12. vitog123 macrumors 6502

the jailbreak community sure is quiet w/ this one.
    i dont think the word "jailbreak" has been in anyones tweet along with "4s" since the phone was announced.

There are usually a few references that they are at least working on something.

13. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Right?! Make them have a required 30 posts and a monthlong account.

14. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

LOL, my first thread was pretty stupid and didn't go over well. Would have been a good thing if I had some time in the forum before I could start my own thread.

Maybe someone should suggest that to Arn.

15. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Maybe, we should put us in the shoes of newbies. Here is the situation;

1. Phone is not working, he/she is freaking.
    2. Does he/she taking time to read, read and find out the solution or register, then post in hoping to get answer/solution right away.

My guess the answer would be sign up, post the new thread immediately in hoping to get answer immediately.

16. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yeah.. I just started posting again and was going through my old threads from over 3 years ago and boy was I really stupid and immature.

17. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

relax, it's the internet, if you don't like reading these types of posts, don't go on internet forums, especially one dedicated to a specific product. You're stupider than you think these posters are if you think you can come to a forum like this one and not expect to read the same question or news story 10+ times, that's on you bro.

18. iParis, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

We shouldn't have to expect that. They should be competent enough to learn how to search something. Besides, they might not even have to search, while in the "iOS 5," "iPhone," "iPhone Hacks," section about to post a thread like this there are more than likely already tons of threads asking this. Hell, you don't even have to search MR, a simple YouTube or Google search of "iOS 5 untethered jailbreak," "iPhone 4S jailbreak," etc, would easily answer the question. I'd rather see interesting threads in the forum spy and new posts section than a thread that I already saw and possibly answered to less than ten minutes beforehand.

[Edit] I think you're just butt hurt you posted a similar thread and didn't get a response.[/edit]

19. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I've been in that situation and have still had the common sense to use the search function. Posting in an appropriate existing thread is the next step. Creating a new thread is a last resort.

20. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    agreed - i think one should have at least 100 threads, and a hundread active searches before one can start a thread

:rolleyes: