Jailbreak iPhone at 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andrewprime1, Sep 6, 2011.

1. andrewprime1 macrumors newbie

I just downgraded my iPhone 3g from iOS 4 back to 3.1.3 because I couldn't stand the laggy-ness of it anymore. I had done everything, removed launch deamons, removed all the spotlight search options, and removed all the fun features a jailbreak gives you in the first place. Still, it was way too slow. Now I am looking to jailbreak my iPhone from 3.1.3. But I have been having problems...

Is it even still possible to jailbreak an iPhone 3g (firmware 3.1.3) with Pwnage Tool 3.1.5? I am having a hard time. First I couldn't find the right firmware bundle (iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw), then Pwnage Tool couldn't locate it so I had to use expert mode to find it manually. After I went through all of the custom firmware building, iTunes wouldn't recognize the iPhone in DFU mode and wont let me restore using the custom firmware when I put it in recovery mode.

I have jailbroken a few times, so I don't think I am a total noob, but ill be the first to admit that I am not the best at trouble shooting in this particular area... Anyone able to help?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Use Spirit or Redsn0w to jailbreak your phone. Here is the link to the instruction if you use windows;

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=9202

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7443

3. andrewprime1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using a mac. I dont think Spirit or Redsn0w work on OS X

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

5. andrewprime1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sorry, you are right. That was careless of me. I guess I just thought you assumed I was using Windows when you suggested redsn0w. Thanks, ill try this tonight.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Redsn0w also both mac and pc ;) pwnagetools is mac. Also on a Apple forum most presume mac more then pc

7. andrewprime1 thread starter macrumors newbie