Jailbreak iPhone with Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Matthew09098, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Matthew09098 macrumors newbie

If I jailbreak my iPhone with TaiG, will my Apple Watch still pair and work normally with it? Thanks!

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Yes. Mine is jailbroken and it works just fine.

3. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

+2. iOS 8.4 and OS 1.0.1, no problems. You will have to re-pair watch to phone again. I would suggest an encrypted backup in itunes (12.xxx) so your watch data is intact, if you wish to keep it.

4. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Just don't unpaid your watch after jail breaking. Some of us had to restore their phone in order to repair. I have also just noticed that I no longer have the awards icons on my phone when I get a achievement.

5. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

I've unpaired and re-paired about 4 times in total and never had a issue with getting things working again. As mentioned previously just make sure you make an encrypted backup of your phone to your PC or Mac otherwise you will lose all your health data that is stored on the phone by the watch. The weather app still loses sync every couple of days though, requiring a power down of the phone and watch to get it working again. It did this before the jailbreak though so it's unrelated and not unusual for a first release of Apple software.

6. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

You did get the memo with the whole "hacking team" affair and are aware of the risk of getting malware?
    Besides that I am curious: Why are you all jail breaking? I don't get the point.

7. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

If you change your password in the root and mobile directories, your jailbreak is secure. I like to change the look of my OS as well as making tethering possible (I have unlimited data) and there are MANY tweaks that make my iPhone MUCH more useful!

8. Skorpio, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015

Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

I love the ability to tether my wi-fi only iPad to my phone cheap(MyWiFi), make my app backgrounds black/dark to match my SG 6 and help save battery life (Eclipse), custom, easier to read system fonts (bytafont), usefully be able to move the (stupid)Apple cursor around easily by swiping my blue keyboard (SwipeSelection, BlueBoard), and unobtrusive status bar notifications (TinyBar) among many other useful add ons that Apple should, and may, introduce in future iOS. You know your built in Flashlight on your iPhone? That was first a JB app before Apple implemented it their factory settings.

9. JOSEPH99 macrumors member

JOSEPH99

"If you change your password in the root and mobile directories"

How do you do that?

10. CobraPA macrumors 6502