Jailbreak iPod Touch 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djjoja, Mar 24, 2008.

1. djjoja macrumors member

Heya, i was wonderin if anyone here knew the BEST safest method to jailbreak a 1.1.4 iPod Touch.
    A friend asked me if he could download the 1.1.2 update, and then restore his iPod with that Update (Shift - Restore in a PC), and then jailbreak it by goin into jailbreakme.com, wud this work?

Anyway i prefer jailbreaking the 1.1.4 directly so i can have newer functions!

Thanks!

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I used ZiPhone - http://www.ziphone.org/ - and haven't had a bit of trouble so far. However, some posters here have reported problems. I have an 8GB model touch, those having problems may have larger ones. According to this - http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32471 - ZiPhone won't work on 16BG (or possibly 32GB) touches, but he offers a solution.

There are other methods requiring quite a bit more work than ZiPhone and without any better guarintee of working. Do your homework (use the search function of this forum).

3. Arne macrumors regular

I used ZiPhone to Jailbreak my 1.1.4 8GB touch and did not have any problems, but it now says I have 1.1.3. I however still have all the Apps I had before (Mail etc).

4. MunnyGuy macrumors member

Another Ziphone vote. I did my 32gb touch last week and had zero problems from 1.1.4.

5. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Use Ziphone

HEy
    Use ziphone 2.6 and when you use it and if you get an error that sez "spamming at" hold home and power at the same time, then when it goes off plug it in and hold the home button and then the connect to itunes logo comes up start ziphone and go up to file in ziphone and click clear nvram and it will work pm me if u need more help

6. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I don't want to come off as being Holier Than Thou, but seriously, have you ever heard of punctuation and sentence structure? There are uses for the Shift Key and the two keys to the right of the letter "M". You'll get further here (and in life) using standard English than cell phone shorthand.

7. djjoja thread starter macrumors member

heya, thanks everyone who replied..ill get on tryin these..lets see if it works! :D

8. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    let us know how it goes.

i have an 8 gig touch. and i've been looking for a simple, safe Jailbreak method. ziphone sounds promising...

9. djjoja thread starter macrumors member

Yep! My 8GB iPod Touch is now on 1.1.4 jailbroken!
    Thanks everyone who replied here!
    cyaa

10. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Did you use Ziphone?

11. mbrinkm macrumors newbie

I might as well throw in my dissenting vote against ziphone in favor of iJailbreak. I personally feel it is a better system and have heard less error reports compared to ziphone (the newest beta version anyway).

That being said, they are fairly similar (I believe they collaborate together to some extent) so whichever you feel comfortable with should work just fine. I just personally feel that iJailbreak is slightly more user friendly.

12. djjoja thread starter macrumors member

Yep i used ziphone 2.6

13. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

I used iJailbreak the other day to do the misses. Went from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and also enabled the iPhone Apps at the same time for £0 :rolleyes:

Took about 45secs and only used this as ZiPhone wouldn't enable the iPhone apps.

14. bensternater333 macrumors member

im getting an ipod touch in a few days but i have an iphone and i have jailbroken A LOT of ipod's...
    my problem is i am getting a 16gb and i dont wanna have to worry about the "spamming at" problem with ziphone.....
    i usually use iJailbreak.... does iJailbreak do the same "spamming at" problem that ziphone does with 16gb?

15. Green44 macrumors newbie