Jailbreak Irritations

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, Mar 3, 2012.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Not that you would ever unjailbreak, but what little details irritate you about it?
    For example, the occasional white icon bugs me a bit. Sure, I can respring, but it's a bit of a hassle.

Cydia loads slowly too at times.

Yours?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

not having your issues only thing I'd like to see in cydia is reviews and ratings oh better ways to contact the Dev's of the tweaks and or cydia I realize Jay is busy maybe hire somebody to manage that.

3. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but my biggest irritation with jailbreaking is that there's no way to know that a tweak will work with another tweak, or at all for that matter. That's one of my favorite things about the App Store. For the most part, I know that an app that I get from the App Store is going to work and not have compatibility issues with anything else.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Winterboard causes a small amount of lag when opening apps.

Nothing i can't live with !

5. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I just jailbreak mi iphone 4S and nothing wrong yet... everything is working flawless!...

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It's been already discussed that the actual jb does not affect your idevice it's certain tweaks that due mainly due to incompatibility.

7. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

After a day with the Jailbreak I dont find anything attractive to stay jailbreak. Everything good in Cydia cost money and I dont want to spend money on testing things. Gonna unjailbreak today...

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I jailbroke my 3G-s.

Never again - why? Because when i was having wierd and random issues, there's not going to be any support from apple on it.

And I did have a few wierd and random issues. given that there was nothing really interesting to me (although quake was cool for 5 minutes until you discover the controls suck) that i couldn't get off the app store, i saw no point in keeping it jailbroken.

I want my phone primarily to

- make/receive calls
    - keep my calandar up to date
    - receive email

If it has any stability issues with that, that may be caused by jailbreak, it's a non-starter....

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Don't take this the wrong way my friend but you didn't do enough homework on jail breaking and what it brings, if all you want is basic needs from your iPhone.

Different people have had different experiences with jail breaking.

Personally I've had little issue apart from a little lag caused by winter board.

What i now have with a jailbroken iPhone 4 is a set up and tweaks that allow me to use my phone how i want to.

10. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Sbsettings
    BiteSms
    5 icon dock
    Switchermod
    Activator
    FakeClockUp
    UnlimTones

All these are free tweaks. I understand jailbreaking is not for everyone but it seems you didn't give it much of a chance.

11. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

You posted the first post at 8:54 PM (my time) last night. You posted the second post less than 12 hours later at 6:05 AM today. Whether the jailbreak is for you or not is completely up to you, but good lord man...you didn't even give it a chance! :rolleyes:

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I get the white icons sometimes but not often.
    Usually if I install or update something on cydia.
    Not a big deal and cydia loads pretty fast now that the initial JB traffic has slowed down.
    I could live with a few irritations but beeing stock sucks.
    I did it since day 1 the 4S came out and missed way too many things the JB scene offers.

13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

My thoughts exactly.

Not enough searching, doing homework and panicking !

There are tweaks that are free and very useful.

The other tweaks are dirt cheap from around 99c to a few $

I just have to.......... :rolleyes:

14. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

BiteSms is not Free... I remembered buying it when I jailbreak my iphone 4.

----------

I Know... but it's not the first time I jailbreak. My last iphone 4 was to be jailbreak all of the time.

15. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

What irritates me the most is when I tell my friend about a cool app I bought that he's going to want and he goes off to the cracked repos to find it, installs it and says it didn't work right. duh. Or worse it works fine.. and I feel bad for turning him on to it just for him to steal it without paying the devs. I quit telling him of all the cool stuff. I think Cydia should not host these cracked repos.

16. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Yeah it is - if you use the ad supported version.

17. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Oh well... yeah. I think you can try it for a limited time then you get the ads

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The small banner on the bottom of the messages app is not really that bad.
    I bought a full licence but even friends that use it for free doesnt bother them much.
    Its a great package and one of my main reasons to stay JB.

19. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

Cydia doesn't really host cracked repos people add the repos. but it would be nice if they had a way to stop or prevent them. I'd also love to see a rating & reviews for apps especially paid ones. Imagine all of us that would have never bought yourtube if we saw it had 1 star.

21. bandofbrothers, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

that dude is a very good idea !

maybe trial versions would help too so you could try before you buy.

I know people who download the cracked versions to try them out and if they want to keep them then delete it, and buy the version via paypal.

22. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I did un-jailbreak.

Why? Phone started running slowly, behaving erratically, and there was no way of knowing whether it was due to the iOS i was running or some random jailbreak app that was misbehaving.

After being jailbroken for a few months i realised that all of the stuff i installed that couldn't be done normally was just novelty crapware anyway, and I didn't really need any of it.

So i went back to stock...

I buy apple gear because it generally "just works" and jail breaking it puts that at risk.

edit:
    just realised old thread i had already responded in. still. jail breaking defeats the purpose of running iOS for me. If you want to install random crap from anywhere and deal with weird phone behaviour, having to do research on what works with what, etc - just go run android.

23. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This seems to be an example of one who thinks jailbreaking is for the purpose of getting unlimited apps and hacks for free (sigh)

Many like to personalize their vehicles. Last time I checked, you could not walk into AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and take what you want for free.

24. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

It would be nice to be able to try out tweaks before buying them. Kinda like how you can get a refund from the Android Google Play (previously Market) within 15 minutes of purchase.

I also hate not being able to restore and jailbreak again after Apple have stopped signing a FW version.

25. joju58 macrumors member

joju58

Don't get me wrong but i think iPhone is not really for you then if only this is

- make/receive calls
    - keep my calandar up to date
    - receive email

Blackberry does great job for those three.

I did jb since day one having iPhone after more then 10 years being blackberry fan and never will unjb or go to other phone manufacturers.