Jailbreak is.....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pez555, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Smooth as butter on a 4S. Even on an iPhone 4 i had a bit of choppiness with some Cydia apps but on my 4S it runs just as smooth as stock OS.

Might be a pointless thread but just wanted to say how happy i am with the fluidity!

2. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Agreed! Most solid JB to date that I've had the pleasure of messing with.

3. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Noticed that too. My wife's 4 is a little choppy and my 4s doesn't hiccup.

4. superdudeo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Using speed intensifier just takes things into another level. Everything is just instant. If the 4s battery wasnt awful I'd be 100% happy.

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I was thinking the same...my 4S does not even feel like it's jailbroken! I am loving it!

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Jailbreaking is just gaining root access to your phone. It can't slow your phone down, cause choppiness, or any thing of the sort. What software you then put on it can have adverse effects though. But if you are having issues, it has nothing to do with the Jailbreak and everything to do with what you did after the Jailbreak.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Just JB your device will not cause lag or worst battery life like some think.
    Its the stuff you install after that do that.

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

That is partially true but we (at least I) are not just talking about jailbreaking! This is after most of my tweaks and programs installed! It would be weird if I just jailbroke and installed nothing! ;)

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or if you JB and installed over 50-60 packages from cydia:D
    Then good luck try to find what caused what problem or conflict with another.
    In the end it is what you install that determines your JB experience.
    Stick with well known and well written packages and dont install everything that's out there or items you might not need or use much.
    Sticking to the basics has always worked well for me;)

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

No, it's 100% true. Reread my post. ". . . everything to do with what you did after the Jailbreak".

Talking about battery loss and Jailbreaking without mentioning specific applications is a futile discussion.

Your best bet it to install one app per day or so (maybe even less frequent) and see what happens to your battery. If a particular app affects your battery, then we have an interesting topic.