Jailbreak lag - is it present on a 3GS Also?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BergerFan, Aug 10, 2009.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I've have a lot of lag on my jailbroken 3G, mainly when exiting apps. I only have a minimum of things installed(SBSettings, Reflective dock, and a few custon SMS themes).
    I was wondering, with the 3GS' beefed up CPU and RAM, is jailbreak lag a thing of the past, or is it still present?

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I haven't noticed any. But I notice things are def faster (closing apps, Cydia, etc) given the 3GS' faster processor, etc. :)

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

4. bakerster macrumors regular

the 3gs jb does everything 3-4x faster than a jailbroken 3g.

it puts the 3g to shame no doubt.

5. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Obviously not as fast as stock, but my JB 3GS is world's faster than my friend's JB 3G

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If have a 3g and 3gs. The jailbroken 3g is painful. The 3gs handles jb beautifully. Don't notice any lag and if I even think it's lagging I fire up the jailbroken 3g

7. redman042 macrumors 68020

If you want to jailbreak and can find a way to upgrade to the 3GS, you will not be disappointed. It's like removing the 4 cylinder engine from your Civic and installing a V8. With a supercharger.

I do notice slight choppiness here and there after jailbreaking, but it's very minimal and still no lag to speak of. Everything opens lickity split just like before. It's beautiful...sniff sniff...sorry getting a little choked up there. :)

I'm running SBSettings, Intelliscreen, Backgrounder, 3G Unrestrictor, and 20 Second Lock Screen. Certainly enough going on here to challenge a 3G, but no sweat for the 3GS.

On a side note, I did uninstall OpenSSH because for some reason it seemed to be impacting performance, reliability and RAM a little more than I'd like. It might have been my imagination, but taking it off did help. I also didn't like how toggling it off with SBsettings doesn't stick on a reboot. So I figure I'll just re-install it whenever I need to SSH, then take it off after.

8. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Do you want to see how much lag there is in the 3GS (Jailbroken), then check out My Top 10 Cydia Apps video in my comment;););) Rate/Subscribe please :)