iPod touch Jailbreak list? Tethered vs untethered? So many questions...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by odin2free, Feb 27, 2012.

1. odin2free macrumors member

I have right now a 4th Gen 32gb touch Finally (ya i had a 2nd gen last year and was sick of it)
    Now im looking to get into more jailbreaking because of all the apps for the camera to do more with it,

I heard of it before specially owning a ps3, have yet to jailbreak it because i keep updating it cuz i forget the good ole term DO NOT UPDATE haah

So now have to wait longer till an update hits for the current ps3 to break ha

Now on to questions

1. Tethered vs Untethered, Is one more beneficial vs the other? Best method to do so..

2. Is there a list of Jailbreaking software or versions that i can use on windows 7? ive heard of blackrain and redsnow BUT im looking for others to out there so i can see which is best to go with :)

3. Applications that you kats think would do great for video like timelapse and in club photo and video that i can do right then and there...That is realy why i got the device to store music and then record the crowd and upload it with out having to do tons of editing on a secondary computer at home...?

4. Why did i not get this device sooner?

So in all
    List of jailbreaking software
    Tethered vs untethered
    software for photo video user best for club...

I kinda get the idea of jailbreaking and the current guide on your site seems dated but looking for newer peoples takes on the different ways to jailbreak...so i can get a better idea and start heavy research

2. tryx52 macrumors newbie

Tethered = When you turn off the device or it runs out of battery, you have to connect it to an application liked redsn0w to boot it back up. That's why it's not really worth doing a tethered jailbreak unless you really want to.
    Untethered = It just boots like a regular stock ipod touch.
    Software = redsn0w, blackrain, and all those are good. I've used a couple and they all worked fine. Doesn't really matter.
    Apps = iMovie is good. Not sure if you can do time lapse though.

3. kona314 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

Well first, what iOS version are you on?

Second, redsn0w is the best, IMO. Always go untethered, otherwise you have to plug it into a computer to boot it up.

For video editing, iMovie all the way. $4.99 in the App Store.