iPod touch Jailbreak makes ur iDevice "Super Slow"!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hAwK17, Feb 1, 2012.

1. hAwK17 macrumors newbie

After jail breaking my brand new iPod touch 4G (5.0.1) with the new tool it became super slow and non responding, although it's almost empty
    also it suddenly quits the Apps more often! .. I also tried this redsn0w 0.9.10b4 with my old iPhone 4 .. same thing, it became even slower and it freezes like a god damn windows 7!

Is there any solution?:mad::mad:

2. cdustybk macrumors member

Sadly I don't think there is a fix. I had the same issue.

I think the reason why is in iOS (and now Mac OS X) everything is becoming more "sandboxed". Apple also does more checking in iOS 5 for jailbroken devices (eg. you can't upgrade over wifi if your device has been jailbroken as it checks your Applications folder.) I don't know how this could be fixed if that is the case either :\

3. hAwK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fudge! ..
    I can't just unjailbreak my device? .. I have SHSH blobs saved only for 5.0.1
    previously I used limera1n to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (4.1) and it was running smoothly with no problems, so maybe if I can just unjailbreak it and wait for the next release that would fix this issue, what do u think?? :rolleyes:

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

You should rename your thread to "jailbreak makes my iDevice super slow!"

My iphone is running at the same speed after jailbreaking.

5. Paradoxally macrumors 68000

Do a fresh restore, do not restore from backup.

That's the only way my iPod touch 4G was able to maintain its speed compared to stock iOS.

Don't install Winterboard and custom themes, that will only slow it down and drain battery.

Oh, and jailbreaking per se does NOT slow your device down. It's the tweaks that do.

6. hAwK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

ur iPhone is 5.0.1??

7. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

My sister has an iPod touch 4G which came with iOS 5.0.1... didn't get any slower after jailbreak.

8. hAwK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

well ... I deleted almost every tweak, it got better, thanks!! .. but after deleting them what's the point of jail breaking?! :D

9. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Yeah, iPhone 4 running 5.0.1

10. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Dont jailbreak? :rolleyes:

11. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Jailbreak slows an iPod a little bit from my experience.

Only a little bit and you have to be sharp like me to notice

But the advantages of jailbreaking is much better for a bit of decreased speed

12. efurtado macrumors newbie

How do you fix the 'tweaks'?

13. paddude macrumors newbie

It does make it slower, but it depends on what and how many tweaks you have installed. Door example, Spire makes it extremely slow, whine Sparrow+ does not. It really just depends on what you install.

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

sigh, so you blame the jb itself for how slow your device is running when in reality is just your tweaks. You have to know the limitation of your device and how much stuff you can run w.out affecting your performance. You can't be a glutton and install more tweaks than what your device can handle :cool:

15. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

Exactly, it's not the jailbreak slowing things down, it's the added background processes.

16. AppleDroid1008 macrumors newbie

More so than slowing down my iPod Touch, having my iPod jailbroken cause my iPod to force close a lot. The whole point for me to jailbreak was to tweak it out to the way I saw fit. Coming from Android I was rather disappointed. I eventually upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and forgot about having administrative privileges. Having installous was nice, but I don't pirate, I only had it on there to test out an app before I buy it. I really wish Apple would let us customize like Android does. I mean my mytouch 4G has a complete iPhone theme while my iPod is being sent for repair. Even jailbroken I can not get the full theme and UI of an Android. You don't even need to hack Androids. Oh well rant over, I love both OS I am biOS lol

----------

Coming from someone who compulsively roots and flashes custom roms on every Android phone I have ever owned I disagree. At least when it comes to the iPod Touch 4G ios 5xx. I am not sure if it's the new OS or if it's the outdated specs of the 4G but I eventually unjailbroke my pod. My only experience with Cydia is the touch and ios 5

17. white itouch macrumors newbie

itouch

i have the new white ipod touch 4g ios 5 and ive been wanting to jailbreak it but i heard after jailbreaking it runs slow..can the capacity (GB) matter too so it wont run as slow? i have the 64 GB:apple:

18. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

This is in no way the case with 4G and 5.1.1.

----------

It does NOT slow down the machine. I've got almost all iDevice models and routinely hack / jailbreak them. I've encountered no slowdowns with the 4G model, not even with the 8GB model.

----------

Yup, it's the tweaks, NOT the JB itself.

19. white itouch macrumors newbie

20. white itouch macrumors newbie

21. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

True. I jailbreak my 4G iPod Touch with an untethered jailbreak option for each iOS release. And each time, the simple act of jailbreaking causes my iPod Touch battery life to go in the tank. I know that it can't be an errant app since nothing is installed. I also know that I'm in the minority.