Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
So, after my jailbreak my home button began to be unresponsive at times. Sometimes i have to hit it multiple times to exit an app, and multitasking is almost impossible. Naturally I thought I had a defective home button and restored it as new so that I could take it to the genius bar. I didn't get the time to make and appointment, and left my phone on stock iOS 5 for a couple of weeks and didn't have a single problem, but when I jail broke it again, the problem came back immediately. Any ideas?

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
So, after my jailbreak my home button began to be unresponsive at times. Sometimes i have to hit it multiple times to exit an app, and multitasking is almost impossible. Naturally I thought I had a defective home button and restored it as new so that I could take it to the genius bar. I didn't get the time to make and appointment, and left my phone on stock iOS 5 for a couple of weeks and didn't have a single problem, but when I jail broke it again, the problem came back immediately. Any ideas?

If you want, you could just take it in to get it replaced. I've done it when my button was so bad...it was one of the original day one ip4. Once you say your home button is inconsistent, its no questions asked, not even testing it.

Only thing of course is you might lose all your shsh for ios4 if that matters to you now. In my case though, the refurb I got had more shsh blobs saved than my original!

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
You could try Recalibrate the iPhone Home Button

Step 1: Navigate to, and launch one of the stock applications on your iPhone. If you don’t already know, the stock apps are things like weather, YouTube, stocks, settings etc (any that come as part of iOS).

Step 2: When the app is launched, press and hold the Power button located at the top of the device until the ‘Slide to power off’ appears.

Step 3: Press and hold the iPhone home button. Keep the button depressed until the Slide to power off slider disappears and the application quits back to Springboard.

Step 4: Voila! Your home button is now re-calibrated and should be more responsive for you.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
^^ Thanks for the tip. Didn't work for me but I called my dad and it worked great for him.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
You could try Recalibrate the iPhone Home Button

Step 1: Navigate to, and launch one of the stock applications on your iPhone. If you don’t already know, the stock apps are things like weather, YouTube, stocks, settings etc (any that come as part of iOS).

Step 2: When the app is launched, press and hold the Power button located at the top of the device until the ‘Slide to power off’ appears.

Step 3: Press and hold the iPhone home button. Keep the button depressed until the Slide to power off slider disappears and the application quits back to Springboard.

Step 4: Voila! Your home button is now re-calibrated and should be more responsive for you.

Awesome tip, I never knew this could be done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.