Jailbreak my iPhone 7

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Brandonjr36, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

Hey guys I'm on 10.2.1 and have an iPhone 7. When do you all think someone will release a jailbreak for my phone? And will I be able to get the eclipse for the dark mode like the iOS 9 had? Thanks guys.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

A jailbreak for 10.1.x was released several weeks ago. A jailbreak for 10.2.x was released only a short while ago.

Both are unstable and buggy and currently it's suggested that if you are not a dev you should wait until a vetted public jailbreak is released.

Eclipse 4 has been released. That works on iOS 10. Cydia is in an unstable state for iOS 10 users at the moment, so purchases aren't being allowed yet.

As to when a non-beta public jailbreak will happen, who knows. Jailbreak devs aren't on any kind of a schedule anyone can hold them to.

3. Brandonjr36 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah well this is my first iPhone. I'm ready to see the features I can do with it when it's jailbroke. I hope they release it soon lol. And hope I can install it on my phone as I haven't ever done one before

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Few things to understand then.

First, welcome to jailbreaking. It lets you use and make your phone the way you think it should be.

Second, realize that when you jailbreak responsibility for the security of your device shifts from Apple to you. Don't add sketchy repos and/or download pirated software. If you do, you deserve what may come your way.

Do your research if you want to install anything more than Eclipse. Cydia has to support devices all the way back to iOS 3 or so. So, not everything you see will be compatible with your device. Installing something that isn't can have bad consequences. Bad as in forcing you to restore and thus lose your jailbreak.

The current jailbreaks are what you call semi-untethered. It means that you can reboot your device without having to be tethered to a computer. But it also means that every time you reboot you have to 're-jailbreak'. There's an app that resides permanently on your device that you run everytime you want to rejailbreak.

The jailbreaks before 9.2 were fully untethered. Hopefully, we will see that again.

When you do finally jailbreak, have fun.

PS. The mods are likely to move this thread in to the actual jailbreak forum so don't be surprised.

5. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Hopefully there will one and soon. I'm still waiting and stayed on 10.2

6. Earl Urley, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017

Earl Urley macrumors regular

There WAS a jailbreak for 10.2, but it was only for 64-bit iOS devices that weren't based on the A10 Fusion, Apple stopped signing 10.2 yesterday so if you didn't save your blobs while it was still being signed you'll have to wait for a newer jailbreak.

The Yalu jailbreak wasn't that buggy, have a iPhone 6s that's running it on 10.2 right now with a 64-bit build of Cydia, 1.28 beta 9 at the moment. It was only for A9 based devices, the iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, SE, and iPad Pro both sizes.

7. Spydar007 macrumors member

Spydar007

You cannot jailbreak the iPhone 7 unless it is on 10.1 or 10.1.1. It is unlikely the iPhone 7 will get a jailbreak past 10.1.1 for a while (KPP bypasses used are patched in 10.2)