Jailbreak/MyWi question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 262Runnr, Sep 22, 2011.

1. 262Runnr macrumors regular

262Runnr

OK, the whole point of jailbreaking a phone IMO is for MyWi. Since ATT is now cracking down on unauthorized tethering and revoking users' Unlimited Plans" for users that continue to use "unauthorized tethering" what is the point of using MyWi as it currently works?
    I certainly don't want to risk losing my Unlimited Data Plan until there's some sort of MyWi fix for this...:(

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a risk.
    AT&T is cracking down and users get caught using all different kinds of hacks like Mywi, PdaNet, Tetherme, carrier patches etc...

3. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I'm not a heavy MyWi user, but I still use it every now and then to tether my iPad to my iPhone while on the bus to campus. This is mostly where I use tethering. I use a VPN on my iPhone and MyWi OnDemand via bluetooth. I've never gotten a notice from AT&T at all, although I've never gone over 3-3.5GB of tethering in my iPhone lifetime. I average 500MB-2.5GBs a month. I also used nada for a month while abroad so I might be on the low level of users, but I suppose if you're not a heavy data user you can fly under the radar...