Jailbreak newb need some help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by onebdgti, Jul 3, 2010.

1. onebdgti macrumors newbie

Ok I just got me an iPhone 3GS
    Version 4.0(8A293)
    Modem Firware 05.13.04
    From what I have read for me to jailbreak the phone I need to find out what iBoot version I have. I don't know how to do this and need some help. Also wht do I need to do after that.

2. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

You can't do anything but wait. There is no jailbreak for you phone as of now

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Unless you bought a used 3GS that might have been jailbroken before, you are stuck.

4. blackred68 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3GS was jailbroken before but still i cant jailbreak with Snowbreeze. Is it because i used iTunes in updating to iOS4?

5. onebdgti thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys just need to wait. Does anybody know when it's gonna be released?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

When what's gonna be released ? A jailbreak ?

How could we possibly know that.

7. onebdgti thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yeah isn't that what my question was about jailbreaking my phone. Just cause I'm a newb on this forum doesn't me u have to be a douche about it.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

just look through the threads see how many people ask the same basic questions. and how many people don't do basic research heck check wikapedia full of info! check the stickies above they were put there for a reason. there are about a half dozen people that answer most of the questions. over and over and over you do it for a while. see how long before you are sick of it. read though the 1st few pages see how much stuff is asked over aver and over.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

No one can answer that question. Hackers are working on the bootrom trying to get a reliable jailbreak and unlock. Even the hackers probably cannot tell you how soon they will be able to complete the tools, then test them.

So the question is un-answerable.

And my answer is precisely correct "How could we know that".

Besides, if I intended to mistreat you, I would have started with my 1st reply !