Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Newbie to jailbreaking here. iPhone 5s on 8.1.2. Would really appreciate suggestions for the following:

1) hide the carrier name in the status bar. I don't want to replace it with something custom; I want to remove it completely.

2) remove the am/pm next to the clock in the status bar

3) change the battery icon in the status bar to a circular icon with the percent in the middle of the circle (pretty sure I've seen this in some screenshots). Is "live battery" the only option? Is it a good option?

4) tweak that puts notification icons in the status bar. Is Protean the best option for this on iOS 8?

I think that would get me where I want to be. Would greatly appreciate suggestions. I think I've seen screenshots of most of these tweaks but want to make sure I'm getting the best option available for each tweak so I don't screw up my phone with a bad one from cydia.

Thanks!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
there is almost always more than one tweak to do something, that's the challenge: to get everything the way you want, and no conflicts. it's fun! :eek:

some recommendations:

1. hideme8
2. hideme8
3. alkaline
4. protean

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
there is almost always more than one tweak to do something, that's the challenge: to get everything the way you want, and no conflicts. it's fun! :eek:

some recommendations:

1. hideme8
2. hideme8
3. alkaline
4. protean

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.