Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
So, I'm a first time jailbreaker and am starting to figure things out. Got my 4S jailbroken today and have downloaded a few nice tweaks, got Winterboard of course, Springtomize 2, NCSettings, etc.

Anyway, I was looking for a neat lock screen replacement and came across Typophone 4, which seems to be pretty popular. Problem is, to get it to install, I needed to uninstall the inPulse HD theme because they seem to write to the same location. I'm currently using the Arc HD icons, which I like a lot, the Typophone 4 lockscreen, and I'd really like to use the inPulse HD notification center and folders, as I think they look really slick. However, since Typophone is now installed, I can't install the inPulse theme.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a good resource that deals with the most common jailbreak customizations? (such as how to get those quite nice weather and calendar widgets on the home screen, or change the carrier icon or signal meters in the status bar, etc?) There's a ton to parse, and I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but searching for this stuff generally is yielding reviews for certain themes, without any real instructions.

While this is the first time I've jailbroken my iPhone, I have rooted Android devices and done Homebrew hacks on WebOS, so the hacking isn't a foreign concept to me.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
i'd SSH the themes to your computer, that way you can mix and match :) I'd recommend downloading a highly detailed theme like ZUI just so you have to icon names and locations as a reference for your theme.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
So, I'm a first time jailbreaker and am starting to figure things out. Got my 4S jailbroken today and have downloaded a few nice tweaks, got Winterboard of course, Springtomize 2, NCSettings, etc.

Anyway, I was looking for a neat lock screen replacement and came across Typophone 4, which seems to be pretty popular. Problem is, to get it to install, I needed to uninstall the inPulse HD theme because they seem to write to the same location. I'm currently using the Arc HD icons, which I like a lot, the Typophone 4 lockscreen, and I'd really like to use the inPulse HD notification center and folders, as I think they look really slick. However, since Typophone is now installed, I can't install the inPulse theme.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a good resource that deals with the most common jailbreak customizations? (such as how to get those quite nice weather and calendar widgets on the home screen, or change the carrier icon or signal meters in the status bar, etc?) There's a ton to parse, and I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but searching for this stuff generally is yielding reviews for certain themes, without any real instructions.

While this is the first time I've jailbroken my iPhone, I have rooted Android devices and done Homebrew hacks on WebOS, so the hacking isn't a foreign concept to me.

I don't have the inPulse theme or else I'd go through it in more detail but try this:

- Find the notification center and folder images you want. You can do this with iFile on your phone or iFunBox on a Mac or an SSH client (I don't SSH). Themes are located in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx

- Make your own theme which is as easy as easy as creating a folder and giving it a name in the directory /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx (can be done on a computer and dragged and dropped to phone or using iFile directly on the phone)

- You can't just drop these images in the theme you made because it's just a folder with a name. You have to put them inside like they were in the theme. e.g. Bundles or Folders

- So once you figure out where you have to put them just copy and paste them there inside the theme you made

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.