Jailbreak now, or wait for 4.3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ihav0frnds, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

is it worth jailbreaking? ie is it still buggy, or is it all worked out?

seems not worth it maybe if 4.3 comes out in less than a week. then again, it might take awhile to jailbreak 4.3...

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I don;t think you should look at the jailbreaking tool first, you should look at the firmware, is there anything in 4.2.1 that you need or absolutely want? (In my case there is nothing i want from that firmware, so no reason for me to update right now), if you answer no, them just wait. If you answered yes, and thee is something that must have right now, them go head, latest version of GP and redsn0w are pretty stables.

3. ihav0frnds thread starter macrumors 6502

findmyiphone seems nice, but i do have taptrace pro.

4. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Just wait until 4.3 at this point, you're going to be repeating the entire process again shortly.

The current jailbreak is full of bugs anyways.

5. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm waiting for 4.3. There aren't enough reasons for me to upgrade to 4.2.1 with 4.3 right around the corner.

6. McBeats, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

McBeats macrumors 6502a

I just jailbroke my friends new(ish) iphone (came with 4.2.1)... I don't really see any issues so far, even when installing all the junk on there to get it like mine (which is on 4.1)

So far it has only been 2 days jailbroken, but so far so good. My advice is to just go ahead and JB; who knows when 4.3 untethered jailbreak will be out (with the trends of jailbreaking nowadays).

EDIT: MakeItMine doesn't work for some reason.

7. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I would say go for it. I wanted the Airprint feature and also a few of my apps needed 4.2.1 to run. I have jailbroken 3 iPhone 4s in the last 3 days and all of them are running very smoothly.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Maybe for you but not for me.

9. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Just wait. The 4.2.1 jb is pretty much (when u think about it) for ipad users mostly, and iphone 4's that were bought recently.

Stick wit trusty 4.1 until then:D

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I am waiting for 4.3 and I think you will find many others are. Reasoning often varies but in my case not enough in 4.2.1 to tempt me going through the process of getting my phone how I want it twice in one month. I am very happy with 4.1 as soon as a version of pwnage tool is out for 4.3 and tested by the masses that rush into it the first day I will wait for the problems to be sorted out and then the leap.