Jailbreak now or when iPhone 4 comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stoopkitty, Jun 8, 2010.

1. stoopkitty macrumors member

I have a iPhone 3G and plan on buying the new iPhone 4 when it comes out later this month.
    I've always wanted to jailbreak my iPhone but haven't because I know it will void the warranty and I just didn't want to take the risk. I decided that when I buy iPhone 4, I will jailbreak my 3G and use it as a jailbroken iPod touch. I then thought about it again and realized that I could jailbreak my 3G now because even if it breaks, I am still buying another iPhone in a few weeks anyway.
    My only concern is that if I jailbreak my 3G now (assuming it doesn't break), will I still be able to get the data off it so that when I buy the iPhone 4 I can set it up so that it has all of my data from the 3G on it and it is not jailbroken.

If I jailbreak my 3G now, will I still be able to transfer it's data to the iPhone 4 when it comes out? I don't want the iPhone 4 to be jailbroken.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Jailbreaking doesn't void anything and is 100% legal. Both apple and AT&T emploies sometime jb too. It not a big deal to worry about and neither will care

4. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Yes you can still transfer the data. Make sure you save all the photos on the camera roll to your computer first before you jailbreak. It will delete your camera roll.

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

My suggestion is head over to the iPhone Hacks forum and do some research. If you are asking these questions, then clearly you are not ready to attempt a jailbreak.