Jailbreak of iOS 5 Beta 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Tos, Jul 19, 2011.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502

What issues, if any are there with the current jailbreak and beta 3 ?

2. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

It is tethered, and there is a whole array of errors and problems that you could run into that will make you have to restore/boot iOS 5 beta 3 and jailbreak again from the beginning. You have to boot tethered every time. I have tried all of them, and beta 1 is the best to jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.8b1

3. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Yeah dude why jailbreak on a software that is still in beta? :confused:

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's simply not worth it! many Itunes apps aren't working with it. Even fewer from Cydia. I'm guessing I will wait a month once 5.0 is officially released and the Jailbreak is out for this very reason.

5. Dizzay macrumors newbie

Go ahead, all iOS apps work that i've tried. Lots of cydia ones don't work but most important ones do.

Only way you'll have problems is if you aren't registered as a dev or you have no idea what you're doing. Its really really hard to mess up regardless of beta status.

However, Safari keeps crashing on me every so often, I'm sure they'll fix this in the coming betas but still thats the only problem I've had.

6. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a registered UDID by my friend who is a Dev. I am fairly familiar with iOS and Jailbreaking so i am not concerned with messing anything up. The only real reason i want to Jailbreak is to use my paid for tetherme. I read some people having issues that they have to reboot tethered everytime they open Safari. Idk how i feel about that. And if i am correct, i use the newest redsnow and choose ios5 beta 1 when i go to jailbreak right?

7. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502

So i jailbroke ios5 beta 3 last night. Got cydia on and everything. Then apps would not open and just crash. Tried to reboot tethered and it would not. Unded up having to restore ios5. ugh.

8. Galaxas0 macrumors regular

Exact same freaking problem as The Tos. And it pisses me off. I'll try jail breaking with sn0wbreeze or something later on and see how it goes.

EDIT: redsnow has a new update that NOW WORKS WITH ALL BETAS and fixes all problems (Safari, app store crash, etc) :D