Jailbreak/ Official Apps not working properly.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdmstar, Oct 3, 2008.

1. jdmstar macrumors member

Ok for all you guru's out there i need your help lol.

I already jailbroke my 3g iphone and have had no issues on it, battery life is normal and everything else. But explain to me this.

I have the following apps installed:

From the APP Store:

Tip Calculator(Check Please)
    Bank of America
    VNC Mocha Lite
    Tap Tap Revenge

From CYDIA:

Winteboard
    PDANet
    Cycorder

How come i have all these applciations already loaded, but all the programs from the APP store will stop working after a day. But all my Jailbroken software form CYDIA still works?

Like if i click on Tap Tap Revenge it attempts to load shows the loading screen, and then quick exits back out to the home screen. And this happen twice already. At first i thought it was a fluke, Uninstalled all Apple AppStore Apps, then reinstalled them, great they all work. Then a whole day later i was at dinner and attempted to use the CHECKPLEASE software and it did the same thing. So i manually used the CALC to guestimate my tip. From there, i tryed to use Bank of America, TTR, etc and they all dotn work again, but my Cydia APPs do.. wtf is going on?

Am i misssing something here?

Any help is appreciated

2. jdmstar thread starter macrumors member

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Did you check to see if the applications had any recent updates / have you tried reinstalling them?

4. jdmstar thread starter macrumors member

Yea thats the funny things, i nstalled those programs like lets say 2 days ago everythign worked, came home from work and tried to use Mocha VNC to tap into work and it didnt work, so like any other trouble shoot.

I rebooted phone. No luck.

Then i deleted all the apps minus the jailbroken ones and reinstalled and they all work.

Then last night they all stopped working, i am reinstallnig now.

5. jdmstar thread starter macrumors member

Im pretty sure some one knows whats going out.. help a newb out

6. bbh macrumors newbie

Some apps that require a wifi connection won't start up without one. Perhaps that's your problem.