Jailbreak or not?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dima470, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hello I know about the IOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak. I am using an iPhone 4 and really wanna jailbreak it. I have had MANY problems with jailbroken IOS 4 on this device such as it rebooting and afterwards about 5 Mbs less ram. And laggy games. Is this jailbreak any better? Is it worth the risk? This is my only iDevice... How's this jailbreak for you guys?

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I had problems with my jailbroken 3GS. I personally would not do it now that i have a brand new 4s and haven't had much luck with jailbreaking.

3. siorai macrumors 6502

I've never had problems with either my 3G or now my 4 when jailbroken. Then again I tend not to install a ton of apps and tweaks which would slow down the phone.

Basically, jailbreaking alone shouldn't affect the phone at all performance-wise. It's all about what tweaks and add-ons you install after jailbreaking. How much stuff did you install before? Any heavy processing things like animated wallpapers or things like that?

4. stevelam macrumors 65816

i had an iphone 4 jailbroken on 4.3.3 for a long time. no problems at all.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

If you're technically savvy (a "power user") then jailbreak. If not, then leave it as is.

When you jailbreak your phone, it basically becomes as open as a computer. You could potentially do much more with the device, but you also open yourself to really destroying performance if you install bad apps. If you know how to fix things when **** hits the fan, then it's not a big deal. Otherwise..

Asides from the 4S, I've jailbroken every iOS device I've ever owned (iPod touch 1G, 2G, iPhone 3GS, 4, and an iPad 2). Never had an issue with the jailbreak itself. Sure there was a bad app here and there, but by and large it was extremely stable. My less technically savvy family members on the other hand manage to install so much crapware that their phones essentially become unusable.

Unlocks can be problematic... Blacksn0w gave me wifi problems on my 3GS, and Ultrasn0w always killed MMS on my 4. I personally don't recommend software unlocks for those who depend on them every day; factory unlock is more reliable. Software is okay for a short vacation abroad.