JailBreak or Official Unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SheriffMagdy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SheriffMagdy macrumors newbie

Hey..

I got iPhone 3GS from 8 months ago, it is officially unlocked
    so its not jailbroken!
    I got it with about 160 Apps, (games and programs and so on)
    when I need any app or game, I just search the App store, free ones.
    if no, then I'll close the app store.

so, is it better to reset jail break it and loose all of those apps and get them again from Cydia? or I don't know where they get their apps

or is there any other way I can get new apps?

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

You dont have to lose any apps when you jailbreak. A JB is applied to your current software, no reinstall needed. If you are asking about pirating apps, thats not something thats automatically available to you through Cydia. you have to want to pirate, and research it out and make a concerted effort to do so. But I'd say just support the devs, and pay for what you use. Piracy is frowned upon here. But I want to make sure people realize that Jailbreaking and Piracy do not go hand in hand. Because you are jailbroken, you can take further steps to pirate, but it's not automatic.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I had to re-read your post a few times, but let me see if if got this correct.

You purchased the iPhone 3GS 8 months from someone that left all of the apps pre-loaded for you (the phone was not restored before sale), and up until now you have been only downloading free apps from the App Store.

Now for some reason you want to reset your phone (probably because since those are not your apps, you can't update them) and I am assuming that your asking is if we (the message board) think that you should restore your phone, jailbreak it and then pirate the apps because you are to cheap to pay for them.

The best way to get new Apps, pay for them.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things...