Jailbreak or wait for OS 3.0???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EatMyApple, May 13, 2009.

?

Jailbreak or wait for iPhone 3.0???

  1. Jailbreak now

    10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Wait for iPhone 3.0, don't jailbreak

    6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Update to iPhone 3.0, then jailbreak

    11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Don't jailbreak

    2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2008
    #1
    I am wanting to jailbreak my iPhone but hesitate of something going south. Should I say screw it and go ahead and jailbreak or wait for OS 3.0 (and maybe then jailbreak?)
     
  2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

    smurfjammer

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Location:
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #2
    What do you want to gain out of jailbreaking? I personally would wait.
     
  3. EatMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2008
    #3
    I guess mainly video capability and the changed docks and display backgrounds/icons.
     
  4. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

    smurfjammer

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Location:
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #4
    As I've said - wait until OS 3.0 and see what that brings....
     
  5. fratboy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2009
    #5
    there is no really harm in jailbreaking now.. just do it now until 3.0 comes out then upgrade and jailbreak that. Simple.. enjoy it now and later.
     
  6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

    tayshon

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2009
    Location:
    Philly, PA
    #6
    I am waiting till 3.0 come out, I will see what it brings then I will make my decision.
     
  7. sako94 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #7
    jailbreak!
    restore, update 3.0 thats what im doing
    then jailbreak on 3.0 haha!
     
  8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

    Knowlege Bomb

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location:
    Madison, WI
    #8
    I don't get the logic in waiting.

    Jailbreak now (takes about 5 minutes), use what's made available until 3.0 is released then update.
     
  9. anjinha macrumors 604

    anjinha

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2006
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #9
    I agree.

    Even if everything you need is in the 3.0 OS there's no reason why you can't have it now, by jailbreaking, while you wait.
     
  10. vivarey macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #10
    Jailbreak now, and jailbreak after 3.0. It's really not a risky or time-consuming thing at all. Just dive in.
     
  11. moka macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Location:
    California
    #11
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

    Wait for 3.0
     
  12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

    Knowlege Bomb

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location:
    Madison, WI
    #12
    Any reason?
     
  13. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2008
    Location:
    Portsmouth, UK
  14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

    Knowlege Bomb

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location:
    Madison, WI
    #14
    Next month.
     
  15. TSX macrumors 68030

    TSX

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    Location:
    Texas
    #15
    Jailbreak, then get 3.0 when it comes out, the re-jailbreak 3.0
     
  16. scirica macrumors 68020

    scirica

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #16
    I did the jailbreak today so I can use Slingplayer (and Skype) over 3G. I'll upgrade when I see what 3.0 brings and wait for jailbreak to be available. As a matter of fact, I may not upgrade to 3.0 until I know it's been "broken" and then upgrade.
     

Share This Page