Jailbreak problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jgibbs347, Apr 18, 2011.

1. jgibbs347 macrumors newbie

Help please! I jb'd my iPhone 4 a couple of days ago. And experiencing a few probs. I used redsnows jb for iOS 4.3.2 with iOS 4.3.1ipsw. Now I can't turn off my phone And turn it on again with out it getting stuck on the reboot screen.(the black screen with apple logo). Any suggestions?

2. labman, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

you have a tethered jb requires you run redsn0w when powering it on your phone

3. jgibbs347 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm new at this. Do you mean I have to jb my phone everytime I turn it on? Also some of the apps I download from cydia reboot my phone. Do I have to jb then also?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you turn your phone of all the time it's going to be a pain in the ass. most people leave there phones on.

STEPS :
    1. You need iOS 4.3.1 orignal ipsw file in order to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2
    2. Open redsn0e 0.9.6rc12 and browse and open the orignal iOS 4.3.1
    3. Start the process follow the on screen instructions in redsn0w
    4. Reboot and then when every time you reboot your device you must use redsn0w to be able to use cydia.
    jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 using redsn0w 0.9.6rc12, by pointing it to iOS 4.3.1 firmware but it will still be TETHERED so you have to jailbreak it everytime you reboot your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
    The update Apple issued for iOS 4.3.2 fixes bugs, FaceTime issues, and security issues. If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 I highly recommend you to stay on iOS 4.3.1 for now as it’s unclear whether or not iOS 4.3.2 patches the untethered vulnerability present in iOS 4.3.1.
    Tethered means that whenever you want to reboot your device you must use redsn0w to use again your idevice with a working cydia. jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 using redsn0w 0.9.6rc12, by pointing it to iOS 4.3.1 firmware but it will still be TETHERED so you have to jailbreak it everytime you reboot your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.

5. jgibbs347 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

As of earlier today Apple was still allowing users to go to 4.3.1 without having their SHSH saved. If you're going to do it, you should do it soon.

7. muttonhead411 macrumors member

8. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

It's not working for iPhone 4's though currently...

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You don't even know you have a tether JB. In other word, you shouldn't be JBing because you obviously haven't read and search enough. You will just end up here crying to help because of stupid things that can be easily answered if you search.