Jailbreak Question(s) Please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by md65066, Oct 19, 2009.

1. md65066 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have had an iPhone for about a year now. Recently, I have been wanting to Jailbreak my phone. Currently I am on the 3.1 (7C144) firmware. My question(s) are: if I do jailbreak my phone, what is the most simple program to use? also, if I do not like how the jailbreak is, can I just restore it? and if I do restore it, will that bring the phone to the original firmware it came with, or the most recent that is released (such as 3.1.2) ?

Thanks for any responses! :apple:

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Omg

please read! there are tons of threads here and every where. There are just so many threads on this look at the 1st two pages of this section you will find all the info you need. ;)

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

1. Most simple program is probably blackra1n. Takes about 20 seconds.
    2. You can restore from a backup. You won't lose any settings or app data. Just plug your iPhone in, choose restore, and it will download the latest firmware and install it and then reload your apps, music and other data.

4. md65066 thread starter macrumors newbie

Question

:confused:Hi,

I have one more question... something is strange... the last upgrade I did for my phone was 3.0. I never upgraded my phone to 3.1 or 3.1.2, yet in Settings -> About, it says my firmware is 3.1 (7C144). I still don't have picture messaging or video that the updates give. Get this though, my co-worker, sitting RIGHT next to me has a iPhone 3GS and DID update his phone but his firmware is the EXACT same version as mine 3.1 (7C144). He has video and picture messaging.. what the??:confused:

5. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Do you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS? If you have the original iPhone, MMS won't work.