Jailbreak Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NickkyJ, Aug 29, 2010.

1. NickkyJ macrumors regular

When the new 4.1 update comes out wil i be able to jailbreak my iphone using jailbreakme.com even tho i havent jailbroke my phone before.

2. Nick0912 macrumors member

No.

3. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

What version are you running now? 4.0.1, 4.0.2? If it's 4.01 why don't you just jailbreak now? If it's 4.0.2 you can't jailbreak until 4.1 comes out when a new jailbreak should be released, but don't expect it to be as easy as it was with jailbreakme.com.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When the new 4.1 jb is out it shouldn't matter if u were jb before.
    And we don't know if it will use a jb like jailbreakme.com or thru a different way.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Very unlikely it will use a userland jailbreak unless there is another hole in the Apple firmware (likely not as the DevTeam or Saurik would have plugged that hole also)

Another exploit for an iBoot jailbreak will need to be employed.

6. NickkyJ thread starter macrumors regular

well im very new to this whole process. What willl i use to jailbreak my phone if jailbreakme.com and i have 4.0.2 and im trying to downgrade but i heard you have to have Cidia in order to downgrade on a mac or pc

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Unless you have a 3G, you won't be using anything to jailbreak on 4.0.2 firmware. It cannot be done.

8. NickkyJ thread starter macrumors regular

right so i am trying to downgrade to 4.1 but when i download that firmware, it always pops up saying the folder is compressed/zip and then im stuck. Im fine with waiting tho, since in september the new 4.1 will be out, do you know of a jailbreaking system that will allow me to jailbreak my phone safely as soon as 4.1 is released

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You cannot downgrade to 4.0.1 without hashes saved.

Do yourself (and us) a favor. Take 5 minutes and read some of the existing threads on the first page about these same questions.

10. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Nickky,

As mentioned, you will not currently be able to jailbreak your iPhone. If you had not upgraded your firmware to 4.0.2, you'd be able to do it through jailbreakme.com. But the PDF exploit that was used to get into your iPhone was plugged by 4.0.2 and there is no jailbreak for 4.0.2. If you had jailbroken your iPhone and had saved your SHSH with Cydia, then you cold downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 and re-jailbreak. But if you had saved your SHSH, you'd know this and would not be posting. So you're out of luck. No one (known) is working on a jailbreak for 4.0.2. It seems that all the jailbreak geniuses are waiting for 4.1. Even then, it could be a very long time or never before a jailbreak for 4.1 would come out. So be happy with a stock Apple iPhone and hope that some day you'll be able to jailbreak. Unbroken, it's still a great device.

11. NickkyJ thread starter macrumors regular

okay cool. I knew their wasnt a 4.0.2 jailbreak because they did not want to play "cat and mouse" with apple. So it is uncertain when or if their will be a 4.1 update

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Boy do you like to be spoonfed :rolleyes:

4.0.2 is not being jailbroken because it's a very temporary firmware and the hackers will not waste an exploit on it.
    Yes, there will be a 4.1 firmware update, it's at beta3 now.
    No, other than Apple, no one knows when it will be released
    No, until the final release, no one knows if it can be successfully jailbroken.

@NickkyJ
    Please do some reading. Many of your questions make you look foolish since the answers to these questions (in both recent threads) are already answered in several recent threads.