Jailbreak Reboot Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by I JaR oF JaM I, May 5, 2010.

1. I JaR oF JaM I macrumors newbie

So, I jailbroke my iPod 2g 3.1.2, and I thought I got it running alright, but when I rebooted it, it gave me the connect to iTunes error. When I connect it (if the blackra1n program is still open from the time I jailbroke the iPod) it boots up fine, but if I exit of the blackra1n program it just stays at the connect to iTunes screen. I tried re-doing this about 9 times.

I also tried jailbreaking with 3.1.3 and Spirit, but that didn't work, either. It would just say that it was complete and gave me the quit button and my iPod would stay on the Apple boot logo. I tried re-doing this about 3 times.

Any help on either of these?

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If it is an MC model 2G then it will be a tethered jailbreak with blackra1n, which means you will have to connect it to your computer and run blackra1n to reboot it after a shutdown. You can't jailbreak with Spirit if your device is already jailbroken with blackra1n\redsn0w etc. you need to do a restore and use Spirit on a clean install.

I read in a previous post from someone having problems with Spirit getting stuck the solution was not to quit when the button shows but let it sit for a while and complete.

3. I JaR oF JaM I thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPod says the model is PC086LL. Not sure if that means it'll still be a tethered model or not.

As to jailbreaking with Spirit, I tried that and it was on a restored version of 3.1.3.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I jailbroke mine in a matter of 30seconds...mine was an ipod touch 32gb 3rd gen. yours should be easy to jailbreak since it's the 2nd gen...

did you get the latest blackra1n? since there was a release of blackra1n-fix...that could also be the problem. :eek:

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

PC refers to a personalized\engraved MC model so it will be tethered with Blackra1n but you should be able to do an untethered jailbreak on 3.1.3 using Spirit.

6. I JaR oF JaM I thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I was doing the jailbreak for 3.1.2 right the whole time, I just didn't realize the tethered actually meant.

I think I might just keep trying to jailbreak 3.1.3, even if it takes me all day. Lol