Jailbreak / Restore Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Boogsephine, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

Hey all, I have a quick question.

Long story short, I have a few brand new iPhones that I'm going to be selling when my Gevey SIM's come in. They are both on 4.3.2 and I jailbroke one of them using redsn0w and the OEM .ipsw and selected 'Install Cydia'.

Which method is best to remove the jailbreak from the phone so it basically looks like new and unmodified?

If I hit 'erase all content' from the menu, will that remove the jailbreak or do I need to restore it using the stock .ipsw via iTunes?

Thanks all!

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Do an iTunes restore. The jailbreak has nothing to do with the Gevey SIM.

P.S. Who in their right mind would sell an iPhone 4 unlocked with Gevey? Not only is that sketchy (unless it's untethered version), the buyer will have to cut their micro SIM to fit the turbo SIM.

4. Boogsephine thread starter macrumors 6502

They are the new Gevey Plus that is the untethered version and I will use that with the sale. I waited until that one was available and they should be arriving this coming week. When I sell a phone, I include a SIM cutter w/ the phone. You can buy them in bulk for $5 a piece and they work well.

Thanks for the info.. I just wanted to restore the jailbroken phone back to stock before I sold it. :)