Jailbreak Security Precaution

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dragondagger, Jan 31, 2012.

1. dragondagger macrumors newbie

Is there any other precautions I should take when jailbreaking an iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1?

- Change SSH passwords (root and mobile passwords)
    - Untrackrd (Installed via Cydia) [This package installs a daemon (process that can run in the background) to clean the consolidated.db file]

Is Untrackrd still necessary in iOS5 since in iOS 4.3.3 revision it states "Deletes that cache entirely when Location Services turned off"

Having it continuously cleaned in the background is more convenient when I keep location services on all the time? Since it is never cleaned when I do not turn it off and the cache just increases in size?

I believe PDF 2 patcher isn't necessary anymore since it was patched in iOS 4.0.2.

Thanks for any further comments to this post, just went back to the iPhone and need some blanks filled since iOS 4.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you got it all cover... Most of the stuff you mentioned is not even close to necessary. Password change is pretty much all you need.

3. dragondagger thread starter macrumors newbie

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I'm on the side of the believer that it was never needed, but it won't hurst if you feel better clearing that cash, it won't hurt.