Jailbreak slow down phone

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Any experiences with slowing down due to jailbreak?
Don't load it with crap and you will be fine. Jailbreak itself doesn't slow the phone down. Its the user that is solely responsible for slow phone syndrome

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2011
The only tweaks I'd use is weather icon and sbsettings. Should be fine?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
No performance difference that I've noticed yet. I have SBSettings and LockInfo installed and that's about it (MyWi as well but that's just a regular app that wouldn't affect performance unless it's running).

I stay away from themes and changing icons and such, I think those type of things could affect the performance of the phone.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I have SB Settings installed and some emulators. No issues no slowdowns. My first jailbreak. Awesome. I honestly only will download the popular apps and won't change any themes just incase.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
The OS memory imprint is bigger after a jailbreak. You will notice a slight decrease in performance.
No it isn't. Where's your proof of this? It's the applications and tweaks, not "jail breaking". Jail breaking just 'unlocks' your phone to customization, it's not a program that constantly runs to hog resources and slow down the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.