Jailbreak successful, unlock not at all

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vitiiphonenoob, Aug 8, 2010.

1. vitiiphonenoob macrumors newbie

hi i jut needed some help on a small issue...i recently jailbreak-ed my phone with jailbreakme 2.0 and when i try unlocking it with ultrasn0w, i get an error message just before installation finishes saying that "could not activate cellular data network".... i have ios4 so i tried installing ultrasn0w with both the cellular data option on and off, but without any success....please help this way ill just have an expensive iphone which i havent made a single call on.....and i don't have AT&T as a carrier in my country :(

2. ooggaala macrumors newbie

I think that ultrasn0w cannot be used with iPhones that are of a higher version that it was designed for. I currently jailbreaked AND unlocked my iPhone 3G. I don't know what your iphone is (1G, 2G, 3G, 3G S, or 4G). So I'll just give some links.

The one I used:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4520
    Needs cydia with it. I aussume since your iPhone is jailbreaked it has that.

The website:
    http://www.iclarified.com/
    Go to the bottom of the page and click the third icon that looks like a notebook with pencils > iPhone > Unlock > Find your iPhone there. The break only works if you use the right one -- if you have a 4G iPhone and try using one that says for 2G iPhones it obviously won't work.

Hope I helped!

3. ooggaala macrumors newbie

I was right. Ultrasn0w will NOT work with iOS 4.0 firmware because it is a higher version than it was designed for. You have iOS 4.0 firmware so it won't be able to work for you. You should check out the link I already posted above and follow it to unlock it.

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Say what? ultrasn0w works for ALL basebands on ALL firmwares (apart from the 4.1 betas which you shouldn't have).

OP the 'could not activate cellular data network' error is most likely due to the phone having incorrect APN settings for your carrier.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont post if you're not educated newbie.
    Ultrasnow unlocks 4.0 and 4.0.1 basebands on 3G, 3GS and iphone 4

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    How do you resolve the problem (Assuming I'll encounter it) of incorrect APN settings for the iPhone once you unlock and go with t-mobile? That's what I'm planning on doing with the 3GS I'm hoping to pick up soon

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

get him Juice!

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah:D

9. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

You search the forum or Google for the settings, and then put them in at Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data Network (That last part might be differently worded for American phones).

10. vitiiphonenoob thread starter macrumors newbie

info about iphone...and details of jailbreak

firstly i just want to thank you for replying to my post so quickly...secondly...i apologise for not providing the details of my iphone...

well i have a 3 month old, out of the box apple iphone 3GS...it initially had iOS3.1.3 which i jailbreaked using spirit jailbreak and then tried unlocking but kept receiving the same "could not activate cellular data network" error....i even tried restoring and rejailbreaking again but by this time apple had stopped signing iOS 3 so i had no choice but to upgrade to iOS4...i know i shouldn't have done that but that was the only option i had...well just last week i discovered the jailbreakme option so i tried it straight away...the jailbreak went flawlessly, given that i followed the instruction of "not doing anything stupid" very strictly.

well after jailbreak i installed ultrasnow 1.0-1 from the repo "repo666.ultrasn0w.com", and this is where i encountered the error message.

what do i do next, i have uninstalled ultrasn0w and tried reinstalling it with the option under Setting>General>Network>Cellular data both on and off but still no success...i have a screenshot of when the error actually shows up

and i think the most vital piece of information i have to tell is that i don't have AT&T or TMobile in my country....as i live in Fiji and we have Vodafone and Digicel network as mobile phone carriers

11. vitiiphonenoob thread starter macrumors newbie

this is my screenshot
    <attachments>

Attached Files:

12. vitiiphonenoob thread starter macrumors newbie

Help!!!

Can anyone help me...i wanna get a piece of the pie too.... :(

13. anthdci macrumors 6502

are you on 4.0 or 4.0.1? ultrasn0w has been updated recently to cover that baseband. It is now version 1.1-1 so try it again with the new version

14. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

How did you activate your iphone when you upgraded to FW4? Did you use the "Phone book sim" if you did, then go to cydia pusfix repo and get the Hactivation patch.