Jailbreak that already includes BSD and Terminal app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by tbluhp, May 3, 2008.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

Is there one that has them or could someone make me one. I can't use my touch as wifi untill I have the terminal app installed to spoof the MAC address due to my router rejects my MAC's address but no filter or blocking was enabled by anyone.

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

pwnage tool, dl terminal, and all
    other apps you would need and insert them into a custom .ipsw and restore from that

3. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Huh what do you mean? I can't download nothing off my iPod touch due to no connection as of yet. Can this be done off a Mac if so how?

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

You can do it with ZiPhone 3.0 too... I don't know exactly how... but a quick google should turn it up...

5. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK I will try that. Will it include the 2 apps I need without downloading them via installer.app so I can spoof the mac address so my ipod can get online via my home network.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

all you need to do is dl the apps to your MAC and put em in through pwnagetool nothing else that needs to be done

7. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks where do I find the apps though?
    Also using terminal will it allow me to change the MAC address on my iPod touch?

8. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do I install ijailbreak first? Also where would I find the apps to download?

9. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I installed ziphone cause it had the BSD know all I need is terminal app how can I d/l it off my mac and transfer it into ipod? I have PWNAGETOOL

10. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

BRAINFLASH!

Get iPhoneBrowser

Get terminal from here.

Copy the Terminal.app folder into you iPod's /Applications/ folder using iPhoneBrowser.

11. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Iphonebrowser is not for macs though :( I will research on it.

12. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Getting annoyed I restored my iPod installed ziphone used iFuntastic to drop terminal in application area and when I hit that app on my iPod touch it loads then crases immidilty. I downloaded BSD from http://mac.softpedia.com/get/iPhone-Applications/Tools-Utilities/BSD-Subsystem.shtml but how do you put it on iPod like what location?

I hope this terminal app will work and not crash.