Jailbreak the new iPod Touch (Sept. 9)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pwn247, Sep 15, 2008.

1. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Is it possible yet? Or are we still waiting for the Jailbreak community to throw something together? :confused:

I'm referring to the new ones that were released on Sept. 9- the iPod Touch 2nd Generation.

2. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Currently I don't think it is possible, as the new touch uses different hardware (slightly different, though). It may be a few days or weeks before it's jailbroken. Or I may be wrong, and there's a solution already. But considering not many people have recieved their 2nd gen iPod touch, it's unlikely.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the new ipods are not jailbreakable YET! because they have changed the hardware inside that prevents the old way firmware was hacked via quickpwn, winpwn, pwnagetool and the likes.

hang tight and just keep an eye out

4. pwn247 thread starter macrumors 6502

pwn247

Ah, okay. So basically we're waiting for the community to shell out a new hack for the 2nd Generation iPod Touches. :)

The device has a lot of potential- I hope to see a good "pwned" firmware available soon!

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I almost got a 2nd gen touch on credit today but I stopped my self as well theres no jailbreak and I want my jailbreak back if I got the new one lol and probably abandon my 2nd gen and fiddle with 1st gen ipod lol

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You can follow the Dev Team's work here...

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

There isn't really any such thing as a "good" or "bad" pwned firmware. It's just a matter of adapting the Pwnage process to the subtle differences between the new iPod touch and the old one / iPhones.